Topic: gigs

i haven't played a gig for a few months, i just haven't felt like it. anyway, i played one saturday, and maybe this should be in Beamers "don't you hate it" thread, so i get to the venue, everyone's watching the world cup so i have to be quiet and not get in the way of the TV. eventually the game ends and i can set up and do my sound check.

pa...ok
mic...ok
backing tracks...ok
guitar...guitar? switch on amp...nothing. pull leads out, put them back in...nothing OMG!

so i pull out my guitar to FX lead and plug directly guitar to amp...working...relief. tried the other lead again...nothing.
so, i had to play all night without chorus, reverb/echo and most importantly sustain and distortion which i use to boost the guitar volume for solo's.  so country songs were ok but rock songs sounded flat to me.

i muddled through but the upshot of it was that i got my mojo back and now i'm hungry for more gigs.

go figure?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: gigs

Phill
hope you played some originals?

The King Of Audio Torture

No. I can never remember the words. I'm lucky to remember my name there days...lol

Sounds like a panic attack moment, Phill. It's cynically consistent that gear which works flawlessly in private, goes AWOL in public. Glad you were able to muddle through it ... any would take the experience a lot differently.

A man's got to do what a man's got to do..... specially if you're getting the paid.

I did a bit of soldering Sunday now it works fine again.

It's funny though, I seem to get some problem or other everytime I play there. I had a great crowd which helped a lot