Topic: Fourth of July Traditions

Hey everyone. I'm about to go off to the mountains for a hike with my wife. We do this most every fourth of July to celebrate America's independence in our own special way. It's a bit cooler in the mountains and the time walking in the woods gives us a good sense of peace and, yes, independence. What does everyone else, or at least all you American Chordie folks, do for today?

...And yes, I am taking a guitar for post hike playing.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: Fourth of July Traditions

I used to mix up a big pitcher of sours mix and put it out with glasses, ice bucket, and a bottle of Jack Daniels. Then I'd go walk around the neighborhood and accept drinks and sandwiches from my neighbors and see who was hanging around on my back patio when I returned. The whole neighborhood used to be one big party all day on the Fourth. It's turned over and that tradition has passed. Now it's mostly cutting grass on the Fourth because the fireworks are at the park at the end of my street and much of the town walks through this neighborhood.

I like the hike idea.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Fireworks are still going strong in my neighborhood. The hike was great today and there were a few folks enjoying the park like us.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Other than family get-togethers the only other thing I usually do is go fishing.  The last couple years though, Jen and I have been invited to join friends at a local campground for a cook-out, fireworks and jam session.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs