Topic: Sad Bird Singing

I don't know why all my poems are on the humorous side of late but here's another one.

Sad Bird Singing.

I heard a bird singing.
Looking for a mate.
He didn't have those pretty feathers.
And his singing wasn't great.

That didn't stop him trying.
Though some others thought he should.
He sat upon my window sill.
And sang, because he could.

Pretty birds flying by.
Paid my bird no heed.
Next day when I looked for him.
He'd taken of his leave.

I'd like to think he found a mate.
Nested and made eggs.
His DNA made ugly chicks.
Plain feathers and spindly legs.

Well I think it's funny....fairly funny?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Sad Bird Singing

its classic !  I love it

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Hahahahaha! This is simply hilarious, Phill, and hilariously simple ... five stars on both counts.

As the guy on catch fraze says...say what you see. We get a lot of crows and seagull's, ugly birds that make a lot of noise and mess, always after I've washed the car!

Thanks TF and you Jim for giving it a read and comment.

Thank you Phill that gave me a good laugh.

Phill Williams wrote:

We get a lot of crows and seagull's, ugly birds that make a lot of noise and mess, always after I've washed the car!

https://jokideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/539481_390184444388029_1913950081_n.jpg

Thank you Peatle, glad to be of service.

Love the toon TF, I'm sure those dinosaurs know what their doing....curses, why didn't that asteroid get them all?

lol, now that brought a smile to my face reading that big_smile  Great stuff Phill

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Thanx Jan, so glad to know my sense of humour works in the antipodes....it doesn't work here, I get a lot of funny looks!

I thought your Sad Bird Singing was great  I laughed for a long time after reading it.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Thank you, William. The English speaking world just grew larger for me, and it seems to be full of people with a silly sense of humour, just like me.

Phill
I have a Rose Breasted Grossbeak that is at my window every morning - beautiful bird - lovely to watch.... but always finds a way to poop in or on the bird feeder and seed.
I also had a one legged yellow finch that I named Harold.  It is amazing to me how he makes it in the wild and I always wonder if it was born as such or it was a survivor of something.

Thanks again for the post - cool poem

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Who names these birds? We have crow, robin, thrush and some tits...the avian variety of course. The most exciting name here for me is the pied wagtail or shigldigwt in Welsh that translated goes shake your butt, actually it's tail but that's not so funny.
Did you name Harold after king Harold? Apparently his last words were...awtch!  I've got a splinter in my finger, I suppose that's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick...? Toowit towoo!

Phill

lol - yup I've got tufted tit mouse birds at my feeder

Harold was named so bc there is a guy in my town named harold who only has one leg  smile