Topic: SUGGESTIONS: OCTOBER 2018 FEATURED SONG OF THE MONTH

Hey everyone, for OCTOBER we are going to have a CHALLENGE MONTH again, we haven’t had one of these in a while!

What does that mean?  It means YOU can CHALLENGE ANYONE to a SONG of YOUR CHOICE!  That`s right … YOU can COVER it YOURSELF if you want and then CHALLENGE SOMEONE ELSE to COVER it  …  OR you can just CHALLENGE SOMEONE to COVER a SONG of your choice!

Now ….. just to add to the FUN, you can also do any INSTRUMENTAL COVER YOURSELF and or CHALLENGE a member to do any INSTRUMENTAL COVER if you want, that`s right ….. so, there`s no escaping for those members out there who like to perform INSTRUMENTALS but are not so keen on the singing part.

So, with that all said, start SUGGESTING SONGS, INSTRUMENTALS AND start CHALLENGING MEMBERS! ready for next months FSOTM!

READY!  SET!  GO!

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Re: SUGGESTIONS: OCTOBER 2018 FEATURED SONG OF THE MONTH

Do we know who will be willing to be challenged? I'll put my hand up ... 

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, poor singer ]-
My songs             http://neophytte.mine.nu/audio/
My Soundcloud   https://soundcloud.com/neophytte1
My YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHnDpTAPTUE&list=PLhpGn51pPqN6q8kmuORnuWcAXRF1_b1zV

Re: SUGGESTIONS: OCTOBER 2018 FEATURED SONG OF THE MONTH

I am up for a challenge too but please, please, PLEASE, not an instrumental as my lead playing sucks and need more than a month to learn to play anything. lol

Roger     

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: SUGGESTIONS: OCTOBER 2018 FEATURED SONG OF THE MONTH

OK Neo i have a challenge for you,well two actually.
the song is` reconsider`by Charlie Robison it`s not a difficult song.
BUT i would like to hear YOUR version not just a rerecording of the original.
Maybe look up the lyric/chords & do it without listening to the original.
are you up for it?     

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: SUGGESTIONS: OCTOBER 2018 FEATURED SONG OF THE MONTH

easybeat wrote:

OK Neo i have a challenge for you,well two actually.
the song is` reconsider`by Charlie Robison it`s not a difficult song.
BUT i would like to hear YOUR version not just a rerecording of the original.
Maybe look up the lyric/chords & do it without listening to the original.
are you up for it?

The chord chart is here for anyone else considering this challenge:

... but where is the second challenge??

I'm throwing these two out there, cause they are what I'm working on at the moment, for anyone that wants to try them:

Crazy, by Patsy Cline
You and me, by Alice Cooper

Two different ends of the spectrum, but both by artists whose last name begins with 'C' smile

Cheers

Richard     

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, poor singer ]-
My songs             http://neophytte.mine.nu/audio/
My Soundcloud   https://soundcloud.com/neophytte1
My YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHnDpTAPTUE&list=PLhpGn51pPqN6q8kmuORnuWcAXRF1_b1zV

6 (edited by easybeat 2018-09-20 01:36:33)

Re: SUGGESTIONS: OCTOBER 2018 FEATURED SONG OF THE MONTH

neophytte wrote:
easybeat wrote:

OK Neo i have a challenge for you,well two actually.
the song is` reconsider`by Charlie Robison it`s not a difficult song.
BUT i would like to hear YOUR version not just a rerecording of the original.
Maybe look up the lyric/chords & do it without listening to the original.
are you up for it?

The chord chart is here for anyone else considering this challenge:

... but where is the second challenge??

I'm throwing these two out there, cause they are what I'm working on at the moment, for anyone that wants to try them:

Crazy, by Patsy Cline
You and me, by Alice Cooper

Two different ends of the spectrum, but both by artists whose last name begins with 'C' smile

Cheers

Richard

Neo the second challenge is to cover it,before listening to the original,i`d like your original take on the song.Not a straight copy.
Lovely looking strat by the way.

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: SUGGESTIONS: OCTOBER 2018 FEATURED SONG OF THE MONTH

Ok ....... here are some challenges for people from me and I am going to try and deliberately pick stuff I don`t think you would normally cover or something out of the ordinary if I can.
Lets see ......

neophytte  ....  An Original Song from any Chordie member.  You get to pick one from any of the talented song writers here in Chordie (just go to the song writing  section) and cover on of their songs in your own way smile

Roger Guppy  ...  A Heavy Metal number (of your choice).   I don't see you as a Heavy Metal musician (I might be wrong smile )............ so thats my challenge to you smile

easybeat   ...  A Cover of any of last months songs, performed by you as close as possible to the original cover, in other words, not making it your own version, or your own style smile

Ok ............ that will do for starters ......... smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Re: SUGGESTIONS: OCTOBER 2018 FEATURED SONG OF THE MONTH

Jandle wrote:

Ok ....... here are some challenges for people from me and I am going to try and deliberately pick stuff I don`t think you would normally cover or something out of the ordinary if I can.
Lets see ......

neophytte  ....  An Original Song from any Chordie member.  You get to pick one from any of the talented song writers here in Chordie (just go to the song writing  section) and cover on of their songs in your own way smile

Roger Guppy  ...  A Heavy Metal number (of your choice).   I don't see you as a Heavy Metal musician (I might be wrong smile )............ so thats my challenge to you smile

easybeat   ...  A Cover of any of last months songs, performed by you as close as possible to the original cover, in other words, not making it your own version, or your own style smile

Ok ............ that will do for starters ......... smile

Jan
hey thats a real tough challenge,almost against my principles,don`t know if i`m up to it.but i give it a try.     

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: SUGGESTIONS: OCTOBER 2018 FEATURED SONG OF THE MONTH

I love the ballads and slow songs done by many of the heavy metal bands but I guess they don't count. I will have to do some research. lol

Roger

P.S. I wish I had Neo's challenge lol

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: SUGGESTIONS: OCTOBER 2018 FEATURED SONG OF THE MONTH

Jan
how about you doing a nice jazz version of `fly me to the moon`
i know you can do it justice.
Roger hey i say go for it covering a chordie song ,there`s a few good ones there that i`ve covered.
I`d encourage anyone to do a chordie song,ya might surprise yaself.     

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: SUGGESTIONS: OCTOBER 2018 FEATURED SONG OF THE MONTH

I have covered many of the Chordie original songs but not lately, I'm afraid. There are just not enough hours in a week but I still reguarly sing James MacCormick's "One Of These Days" and Phill William's "The Broken Doll". However if you read Jan's message the challenges are specific. Neo has the Chordie original, I have Heavy Metal, and you have the cover of last month's songs. So we are lumbered and cannot switch lol.

I do like your challenge for Jan though.

Roger     

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: SUGGESTIONS: OCTOBER 2018 FEATURED SONG OF THE MONTH

lol ........ yep I have deliberately picked songs hopefully that you wouldn`t do OR are out of your comfort zone  ....... meanie I know big_smile

Challenge accepted, or at least will give it a try easybeat.  Gosh forgotten how that song goes, I will have to google it yikes

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Re: SUGGESTIONS: OCTOBER 2018 FEATURED SONG OF THE MONTH

Hmmmm beamer if your around here somewhere ...................... I challenge you to cover a Lullaby of your choice for next month smile

mojo01 ..... I challenge you to covering a song from a Musical  big_smile

TIGJLK .......... I challenge you to sing a Bob Dylan song of your choice  smile

smile big_smile smile big_smile smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Re: SUGGESTIONS: OCTOBER 2018 FEATURED SONG OF THE MONTH

Roger Guppy wrote:

I love the ballads and slow songs done by many of the heavy metal bands but I guess they don't count. I will have to do some research.

You could use the ones I threw up - You and me by Alice Cooper .... smile

Cheers

Richard     

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, poor singer ]-
My songs             http://neophytte.mine.nu/audio/
My Soundcloud   https://soundcloud.com/neophytte1
My YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHnDpTAPTUE&list=PLhpGn51pPqN6q8kmuORnuWcAXRF1_b1zV

Re: SUGGESTIONS: OCTOBER 2018 FEATURED SONG OF THE MONTH

Will be putting up the new FSOTM tomorrow everyone, been a bit busy here for me this week.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan