Topic: My Next Guitar

Looking 4 a new Guitar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ive been playing since about june this year.
i was thinking about getting a new guitar at about christmas time
i want an acoustic electric guitar cuz i think theyre just awsome
is it a good idea to get one 

OR

Im gonna get a Bass Guitar or Electric

Re: My Next Guitar

its basically up to the individual i've had a ordinary acoustic for years ,i tried pickups but did'nt like the sound,then my daughter brought me an electric eppiphone ,i still play both ...

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

I have always enjoyed having an acoustic and an electric, its like having the best of both worlds

what a long strange trip it's been

You can never have enough guitars lying around...lol

riddler wrote:

You can never have enough guitars lying around...lol

...Or hanging around, or dangling precariously around, or propped up around, or.....;)

Gibson Les Paul Studio (customized) * Epiphone Zakk Wylde Custom Les Paul "Camo" * Breedlove 6-string acoustic * Takamine 12-string acoustic/electric * Line 6 Spider III 212 150 * Line 6 FBV Shortboard * New tight skin-toned colored Spandex and matching thong *
big_smile

I think you ought to get the guitar you want the most (if that's possible).  Decide what kind of songs you want to play (or enjoy playing) the most and get that type of guitar.  If you get an acoustic, then you can get an electric later on (see riddler's post) and vise-versa.  I can't tell you which one you need to buy first, mainly because I don't know what you like to play and what you like to hear.  And...even if I did, I still would be off in telling you what "I" think you need to get first.  You seem to be a well-versed player and I believe whatever you decide on will be just great.  It's just a catalyst to the next stage of playing.

Good luck and have fun deciding what you want.   

.....Uh.....I do have one suggestion though.  Get a bass, get an acoustic and an electric (on credit!!) wink

Gibson Les Paul Studio (customized) * Epiphone Zakk Wylde Custom Les Paul "Camo" * Breedlove 6-string acoustic * Takamine 12-string acoustic/electric * Line 6 Spider III 212 150 * Line 6 FBV Shortboard * New tight skin-toned colored Spandex and matching thong *
big_smile

There is a guitar I love, the line 6 variax 700 "electric", but if I should buy another, it should be the variax 300, same effects on board. You have some acoustics, and a lot of electrics, but for a reasonable price. But that's who I am: I'll go often for the most expensive.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Well I have to admit I could never buy an ugly guitar even if it sounded like honey. Luckily if a guitar is well made it's usually well played.... so don't be snobbish about names and origins. I have an Korean Indie Ricky 330 copy that if better finished than the original. A Korean Ibanez Sz that has more abalone inlay than the pacific etc etc. I enjoy both owning and playing them. I would look at the Indie guitar range for sure.

I am playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order! [Eric Morecombe]

picking a guitar for yourself can be pretty tricky.  get one that is not heavy for you.  one that you are attuned to...

[url]http://www.aboutplayingguitar.com[/url]