Topic: ngd could be lawsuit era Japanese again

Hi guys firstly apologies for not having posted in a while ,lots of things getting in the way .Anyway yesterday I spotted an old  Hohner Strat in a junkshop so I had a look and much to my surprise it was a 1970s Japanese model round about when the law suits were going on .So I paid the 30 pound asking price took it home cleaned and re strung it and it plays and sounds amazing  every bit as good as my genuine tele and better than my other 2 modern strats I know many suppliers jumped on the Japanese strat waggon during this time period labelling these guitars as there own . I can't date it precisely as their are no visible serial numbers but I've found a few vids on YouTube demonstrating the same guitar and an eBay search revealed an asking price of up to 400 pounds so I'm very pleased.
You tube vid for reference mine is white but otherwise the same.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5fB9s5LMp64&t=8s 

2 (edited by TIGLJK 2018-12-03 01:48:28)

Re: ngd could be lawsuit era Japanese again

Good one Graham !

Looks and sounds great !
Sure feels like a great deal as well.

Interesting in the comments one guy said his had a plywood body, but it played better than any of his strats.

I am of the persuasion that a good guitarist can make just about any guitar sound fantastic.

I have been missing your videos Graham - used to enjoy them a lot. You have a unique voice and style. 
Now that you own  this guitar I will be looking for a new production !  smile  smile

Cool Beans my friend and GREAT to hear from you

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Congrats on the NGD. If anyone can appreciate an NGD it`s me. Especially a Japanese guitar from the 60s and 70s.     

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Congrats on the NGD. If anyone can appreciate an NGD it`s me. Especially a Japanese guitar from the 60s and 70s.     

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Jim  I doubt that this has a ply body I've only taken the cover off the back so far and it appears to be solid as far as I can tell ,the weight seems the same as my genuine fenders.     

What a terrific find, Graham, and for 30 quid ... wow!

When Hohner, Ibanez, and others were doing their copies in those days, they actually came out with some really decent ones. I had an Ibanez 1970 Telecaster imitation (sold years ago for rent money) and I honestly haven't played a Fender telly that felt or sound as good. I think it weighed over 10 lbs ... brutally heavy.

Nice to read your post, by the way ... welcome back.