1 (edited by Jandle 2018-12-13 10:29:34)

Topic: Cover Luka - Suzanne Vega

Here is my quick Cover tonight of the song "Luka" by Suzanne Vega.  I am thankful I have never been abused  physically but my heart goes out to those that have been and live in this atmosphere of violence.   

https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan/luka 

A couple of mistake in my recording but didnt have time to re-record.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Re: Cover Luka - Suzanne Vega

Jan
Very nice - song pulls at the heartstrings. As usual your voice is outstanding.

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Jandle you did an outstanding good version of song, and you singing was  very enjoyable. What type uke to you use? It always sounds great.     

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Jandle ... your delivery of this song is amazing, just amazing! Your voice, expression, and timing are full of powerful sincerity. Thanks so much!     

Jandle your singing and guitar bang on. You are  very versatile with differat style of songs you cover excellent.     

TIG ...... thanks so much for your great feedback.  Yes, it`s a thought provoking song for sure, I always enjoy this song when I hear it on the radio or where ever, definitely tugs at the heart, makes me sad for people living in this situation.

Classical Guitar ..... thanks also for your wonderful feedback.  On this particular song I used a guitar which I am still learning to play.  In regards to my ukulele`s though,  I have a few actually but the two I use the most are my Ibanez electric/acoustic cut away ukulele which is a concert size.  The other one I use a lot is my Kala 8 string tenor which I have made into a 6 string as I prefer 6 strings to 8 for the sound effect, however, i am able to put it back to 8 string if i want.  I don`t play my soprano size ukes much these days, except I do take one soprano uke away on holiday with me that lives in the camper van.

TF ........... gosh thanks so much as well for the amazing feedback, really encouraging for me.  I think this song is one of those ones it has a lot of feeling in it with the lyrics.

Peatle ......... thank you also for the awesome feedback.  I do like to try covering different styles as there are so many different styles out there that I like, to many lol.  I think the only stuff I am not really keen on is heavy metal and opera.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan