Topic: Budget acoustic effects board

HAD SOME TIME TO THINK AFTER THE OPEN MIC NIGHT.
I played Paul sang. Two lessons learned. 1. Don't get used to how you sound in the basement with a wet signal. 2. When room is sonically dead, even the A/E needs some love.

So I am building a budget gig board for the acoustic. I already have the sound tank, (never get rid of good equipment no matter how old) and the rest with the board (Comes with bag) and a Donner daisy chain is right at $200.36 (I have zero problems with any of the brands chosen, Good bang for the buck)

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/48408478_10219057338803672_7666979994496663552_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=33c969069f5ec724b90a43a432523fe2&oe=5C9B837A 

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Budget acoustic effects board

Hi Scott to be honest for an open Mic performance I would be inclined to go with out effects ,maybe a little reverb that's all  if you have a good sound guy running the event then you will sound good with out the need for effects .Martin who runs the sessions at the bluesbar harrogate has a variety of effects on his pa and will set up what ever you require I don't know what set up you guys use over there  but I would enquire before lugging all my gear somewhere to play three or four songs .Can t wait to hear a vid     

If I were to get acoustic effects, I'd probably go with an AIO - the Boss one seems pretty good; or get a decent DI (Fishman/LR Baggs) and pump it through FOH ...     

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic

This year I bought an Alpha Cruncher from Amazon. Budget price and 3 great sounding FX. REVERB/ECHO. Distortion and chorus. I don't use the distortion for acoustic playing, but the other FX make the guitar fuller sounding.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I go with whatever the house back line has. Teaches me to play under unknown and sometimes adverse conditions.  smile     

just had  a look at  the  alpha  cruncher  Phill looks cool  also  had a  look  at  the sonicake  rock  bar  which looks  like a modern version of my  old Boss  Be 5     

7 (edited by beamer 2018-12-20 17:32:53)

All this is,  is a PA mixer,  no real sound guy.  And for my stuff it needs to be a tad wet.  I also can use my electric if i want.  I am a gear whore. lol not to mention that i wanted to show a budget board with out a multi EFX. although ill probably add my little RP 30 for some stuff, or ill just set it to one thing and keep it there.
where we play there is no "back line"

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Looks like you've got all the bases covered, Beamer. The only one in your chain I've tried is the Behringer Vintage Phaser, and I personally didn't care for it. I like getting gear as much as anyone, but I'd have to think your RP-30 would do everything you show here. If not, a compact multi-pedal (like a Zoom G3N) sells for well under $200, and there'd be a lot less cabling involved.

Just a personal opinion, and I again think you've covered off things quite well .. have at it, dude!     

Tenement Funster wrote:

Looks like you've got all the bases covered, Beamer. The only one in your chain I've tried is the Behringer Vintage Phaser, and I personally didn't care for it. I like getting gear as much as anyone, but I'd have to think your RP-30 would do everything you show here. If not, a compact multi-pedal (like a Zoom G3N) sells for well under $200, and there'd be a lot less cabling involved.

Just a personal opinion, and I again think you've covered off things quite well .. have at it, dude!

im a pedal nut.  and i can control what I want better individually.  The RP will cover everything else I have not gotten like chorus and reverb. I actually can use it and run line in also with a amp sim.