1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-12-26 10:18:00)

Topic: Day After

Though I enjoy been around people I also like having a bit of time by myself. This is about my thoughts on familly and friends tonight   here in NZ  the end of Boxing Day.                                   
                                                                                     Day After

I now have a bit of space of my own.
Oh yeah at this time I have memories of those who past.
Those  happy days with ones  who got swept away in the oceans of time..
Over the years we have battled big waves then found calm.
Lifeboats will always be good friends and family.
Oh it’s a privilege to be with family.
Catch up with them and what they are doing.
The joy of children in our family and those  not so young and the very old.
From ninety eight to life just begun.
Taken time thinking about the year that’s past.
The things that made this year a blast and those parts that were not so good.
Time to celebrate to learn about love, not hate and share with respect our diversity.
Now it’s the day after.
We have sung our songs from differant books and outlooks.
Joined together in the belief of family and love.
Even those who do not believe in the Lord above.
Gave thanks that we can still have time to celebrate one special day.
Its the day after now I got my own space.
The hermit in me now desires a little time.
Yeah a little opening in the busy human forest.
Just enjoying my own space and reflecting..
Boxing day, I am not running away.
Every year I get older
I know Im blesssed  to have love and  family.
Day after.
Day after.
No rush  just taken it at a slow pace.
Day after
Day after.
Christmas.

Re: Day After

Brilliant insight, made me stop and think, remember too. One of my closest friends of recent years died and also a family member I grew up with. I've made new friends and learned of their personal tragedies.

I've also had some good times with family on holiday and yesterday learning that I can't drink as much as I used to...no hum, Christmas comes but once a year....thank God!

Like you Peatle, I like quiet moments, that's why I get up early, check Chordie out for spam and great chats and great literary works like this. Power to your biro, may your ink never run dry.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

Christmas comes but once a year....thank God!

Phill- Maybe I should've included your line in the song I wrote entitled Christmas comes but once a year  smile

Nice insight Peatle--- very accurate description.

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Excellent work, Peatle ... really stirs the imagination and some warm meditation. Although your Boxing Day is past, the sun is just rising on it here as I write. This time-line stuff can get a bit confusing, eh? Reminds me of the sketch with Brian Sergeant in "Flight of the Conchords", pretending to be the Prime Minister of New Zealand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L17nU78ADSU     

Peatle
as usual interesting insight.
I`m looking forward to a couple of quiet days also.     

The King Of Audio Torture

Cheers Phill I have enjoyed your  writing on chordie and always look forward to your comments. I also enjoy hearing your music. I use to belong to a club where we had a tradition every year at our Christmas party of leaving a chair empty at a table with a full setting of  cutlery and a wine glass with a Rememberance Rose in it. The plate placemat would have the name of those who had  past in that past year. . Every member would be given a poppy to place at that table as way of remembering those who had past on.

Jim, though I love Christmas I must admit there is always a sense of  relief when it is over for another year. This time of year is summer end of school term four so our school kids get a big long summer holiday. The New Zealand school year is divided into 4 terms for state and state integrated schools. There is a 2 week break between each of the first 3 terms and a summer holiday at the end of Term 4 of about 6 weeks.

EB cheers has been a while I look forward to catching up with you in the New Year at our Sunday sesh.  I might even pop into The Butcher and Brewer out at Petone where Robert has been doing a bit of work.

TF,  the differant time zones can be confusing. I have extended family all around the world and remembering the time differance gets a bit confusing for some of my older relatives.  Our Prime Ministers in New Zealand over  recent years have had a good sense of humour. I will attach two clips showing our latest Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern revealing her funny side. The first one  has a reply to a Flight Of The Concords question. The second one came about due to the fact that often New Zealand gets left of promotion  maps for world events held in other countries.       

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYsZv9JXmio&t=128s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HynsTvRVLiI     

7 (edited by Tenement Funster 2018-12-27 13:19:42)

Hahahaha ... fantastic vids, Peatle! Nice to see Rhys is still at it ("Murray" from Conchords), and your PM is very charming and appealing lady. I love that she doesn't "put on the airs", and doesn't take herself too seriously. Thanks for the slice of local, Peatle.

Peatle

after watching that I am offering a trade

Donald Trump and every one of his cronies for just Jacinda.   What a lovely leader you have.

Thanks for sharing

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

9 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-12-29 22:27:18)

Cheers TF and TIG  I am glad you enjoyed the videos. NZ parliament is more of a place where we dont have many roaring lions just pussy cats purring. We are most probably fortunate that we dont have many contentious issues like other countries have.  Things are not perfect but I guess we live in a resonable stable place. Our two main parties have very little points of differance once they get  in power.  My party called NZ First  a small party helps to  keep them in line. Many dont like them as the see it as the tail wagging the dog .