Re: friday's blues fix

Loved the standing ovation they got when the crowd at Carnegie welcomed them ... great musicians playing great music.     

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC5H9P4F5Uk          hello friday.....

badeye  cool     

one caper after another

Nice choice with Stevie Ray Vaughan.     

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

SRV owns every centimeter of that guitar.
Anyone wants to play with passion - model yourself after SRV !

WOW - great performance - Thanks for sharing that one Badeye!
Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Another fantastic Blues Fix, Badeye ... thank you. Stevie Ray will surely go down in history as one of the greatest guitarists of all time. There's aren't too many who can match him for skill and passion ... really makes every song his own property.     

1,531 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-12-15 06:16:21)

Good choice Badeye.  Stevie was not only a top  musician he was a nice guy much loved by many New Zealanders, There are many stories of him helping musicians with their music and careers  once he got his life in order after his wild years. A young lady Stevie-Ray who works at the Bar where I meet Easybeat and few others for a beer was named after him  by her parents.  Stevie  visited New Zealand and fell in love with Janna Lapidus   a local girl from here in Lower Hutt,  Wellington. They were to be married. There was even talk - a lot of talk - of how he planned to move here; to kick back in New Zealand, possibly in a state of semi-retirement, maybe dividing his time between here and some annual European/American touring. She was only a teen model who worked with him in a New Zealand TV commercial. Despite their age differences and the fact they were from different countries , they made their relationship work. He reportedly turned over a new leaf and gave up on his hard partying lifestyle for her. He famously bought a sunburst Diplomat Strat-style guitar for Janna to learn how to play. She travelled and even moved in with him until the fatal helicopter crash killed him in 1990. In the last four years of his life a lot happened for Vaughan – he finally hit down with some incredible solo albums building on his years of playing as sideman and leader. Mitch Marsden a Kiwi Bluesman became a good  friend of Stevie Ray Vaughan; when Mitch  visited Texas at various times he would stay at Vaughan's house for months on end. Mitch told a reporter that Stevie was a down to earth guy who loved to jam with everyday folk and make music.

Good morning Chordie,,,   here's an oldie from a couple of great artists...   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlRPjSCUA8U

Badeye cool     

one caper after another

Rock Island Line_Sonny Terry, Brownie McGhee et Pete Seeger is great choice bad eye. All Pete Seeger did was play guitar so glad he did not sing he left that to those who understand blues. Thank you for posting this one.     

Great track, BadEye ... Pete and Brownie look like a couple of farm hands at the lunch table, while Sonny's all spiffed up in his suit, like he's there to collect taxes. lol Great music!     

1,535 (edited by TIGLJK 2018-12-22 13:39:07)

Badeye - that was excellent..... I think this written by Leadbelly -

It's great story about the Louisiana railway.a railroad in Louisiana and just outside of New Orleans they used to have a toll

and the engineers pull up to the toll booth & blow the whistle then talk to the depot

and tell’em what they have on board. For certain things, you don’t have to pay toll at

So the engineer would pull up to the station and say something like…

I got Liiivvveestooock
I got Liiivvveestooock

I got pigs,    I got sheep

I got cows,   I got horses

I got AAAALLLL Livestock     

and that's how the song started....

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Great choice Badeye my dad when I was a kid  use to love singing that song with his friends. He passed away fifty one years ago everytime I hear that song it makes me smile and think of my dad.     

Hey friday,  good to see you..   hope all had a good x-mas..   hope to see you all next year..  have a great last week of 2018....   stay blue....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWx4N0FMoXY

Badeye    cool    cool     

one caper after another

Memphis Slim & Sonny Boy Williamson was a great c choice. They also showed a woman who sounded more like a guy in drag.  Badeye hope you have a very Happy New Year.     

Nice one badeye -   Happy New Year to you !
Jim     

Excellent badeye your Blues post are always something I enjoy. All the best for the New Year.
Pete     

What a great way to spend an hour, Badeye ... thank-you! If anyone comes close to Oscar Peterson's touch on a piano, it's Memphis Slim ... sooooo smoooooth. Hope ya stay safe & warm, and a very Happy New Year to you and your household.     

Hello Friday...    The teacher and student....   have a great day folks....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_SlgMu3vDE

Badeye   cool     

one caper after another

That was real good Badeye!     

Badeye those two are brilliant together. I wonder what  lyrics  Stevie Ray Vaughan would sing if he was in that place and with us today, now we have Cell Phones.     

Awesome selection! They're not only enjoying the music, they're enjoying one another's company. I really like the comment made below by Stewart Nicol ... amen to that!     

Friday, your here again...   A blues tune about my home town...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2C_4U4Rjds

Badeye   cool     

one caper after another

Badeye I love that line in that song “ A lip to chew” is it  a saying used by folk in your part of the world?  I guess it means the same as  “Chewing the brezze”?    I have heard my sister who has lived over on the other coast of Canada  ( Vancouver} since1965 say ' Im spitting in the wind" when she thinks people are not listening to what she is saying.     

Glace Bay Blues is so good if the song and group is from  your hometown please post some more of them.     

Good one, Badeye ... didn't know The Guess Who actually wrote a song about d'Bay, b'y.

Hey Friday, guess we are in for a winter storm in a day or so..  stay warm..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5IdtqFf95g

Badeye      cool     

one caper after another