Topic: chordiestock VII - 3.15.19 - 3.17.19

I created an event on FB, but for those chordians who are not FB friends, I'm posting here as well. All chordians are welcome! Let me know. Here's a group photo from last year.

https://scontent.ftpa1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/41913861_10217448359631082_3158947402530947072_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ffe40ec41ea12be4d3629afe718e9596&oe=5C1764B6 

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: chordiestock VII - 3.15.19 - 3.17.19

Count me, Cowboy, Farmer Wes, and Mitter B in like Flynt!     

I don't care if Hell freezes, as long as I've got my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car......

Strat, Martin, Tele, Artcore.......

Topdawgz wrote:

Count me, Cowboy, Farmer Wes, and Mitter B in like Flynt!

Cool - You stayed at Shoreline last year, right? I was thinking I'd contact them and see if they'd offer a group rate.     

Top dawg, if you guys are getting a group sweet, got room for one more? hell or high water, im gonna be there again.

or ill just reserve the same air B&B, worked ok last time.     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

It would take a lot to keep me away. Not even sure what would work.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

2 months away. Any chordiefolks planning on coming?     

I’ll be there unless my grad school experiment goes awry.     

I'm gonna try to make it Jeff.

DE     

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

I would love to except I am working again. If we do, it won`t be by Greyhound again. I`ll fly or drive there.     

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

About a month to go. Not too late to make plans. Chordians who have been here in years past (I'm sure I got some spelling / names wrong, but I hope I don't leave anyone out):

Normtheguitar
Zurf
Southpaw41
Wilbaye
Topdawg
Beamer
Mekidsmom
Dirty Ed
Roger Guppy
BGD
joeyjoeyjoey

That's a pretty good collection of chordie folks from all over - several of whom have made more than one. Add your name to the list! I think Zurf and Southpaw are the only 2 who have been to all of 'em. Not sure how many more of these events I can host - I hope to make it to CSX before I call it quits. Pretty much guaranteed to have a good time!     

Though he didn't make it to a formal Chordiestock, it was all the fun you had during a visit from Tubatooter that kicked off the idea for you. And Baldguitardude made it one year.  I was just thinking of Toots last night. What a nice man he was.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

^ I had the pleasure of meeting Toots on a couple of occasions - The first at my home in NC when he came to visit along with Guitarpix for what might be called the precurser to Chordiestock.  I was very much a beginner at that time, but Toots was very encouraging and we had a nice jam. A few years later, after I had moved to FL, he was "touring" with his friend John Reno and they had an afternoon gig right here in Mad Beach. I took the afternoon off to hang out and then we went to see Southpaw at one of his gigs. Toots was always a pleasure!

There are lots of vids on utube of John Reno with Toots playing his tuba in support. Here's one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEfTv89utf8     

topdown
that is a great video!

What a talented singer/player

Don't often see that combination of instruments in a band.

Really, really, cool stuff - which I had the pleasure of meeting those gentlemen.

Thanks for sharing

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I hope you all have fun.  Unfortunately I have a work commitment in DC from Wednesday to Friday that will keep me from Chordiestock this year.     

Do too very drastic changes in my life, i can not make it this year.     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

My move in November really tapped me out. Unless the weather suddenly turns favorable and I'm able to get a bunch of work done, there is little hope of me getting there.     

Looks like a change of plans for me.  My recreation director has informed me that if I'm heading to Florida for that weekend its gonna  be to Pensacola to see our grandkids in a civic theater production.  I'd like to see you all again but if it comes down between my grandkids and you misfits, you can guess who wins. hmm

DE     

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Dirty Ed

I just called Vegas and put $1,000 on the Theater production. Thanks for the easy money !!  smile     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Dirty Ed wrote:

Looks like a change of plans for me.  My recreation director has informed me that if I'm heading to Florida for that weekend its gonna  be to Pensacola to see our grandkids in a civic theater production.  I'd like to see you all again but if it comes down between my grandkids and you misfits, you can guess who wins. hmm

DE

Well, we're gonna miss ya DE, but I'm sure we will play some of your tunes!