Topic: Tortured Man

i was speaking to someone who takes life very seriously and seems to have the whole world on his shoulders
which gave me the idea for this song
TORTURED MAN
I am a tortured man
I`m black and i`m blue
from stumbles and falls
dreams that have fallen through
have fallen from great heights
and have stumbled through the darkest nights
i have felt the pain
where others they would not
such is the burden that i bear
a tortured man finds little peace
searching for a way of relief
the searching will go on
till the day i die
i am a tortured man
i`m battered and i`m bruised 

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: Tortured Man

easybeat this is dark and I understand why you wrote it.  No one should feel this way as much. He needs some good help. You did a great job writing it.,     

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

great words about about an awful condition.
I agree with CG - get some help for this dude !     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

thanks for comments guys,very very interesting interpretation  of this song.
sometimes u need to read between the lines,but it`s just a song,often i used certain
words for drama ,others just to fit the chord progression.It`s called imagination.
maybe the title implies something,but it`s purely for drama/effect,sorry if i misled you
in truth it`s not about any one person it`s probably about a whole lot of different people put together.
i wrote it in the first person,again to make it feel more real
i value any comments,thank you.     

Insightful writing, EasyBeat ... sounds like you know him well. As someone who is bi-polar (a.k.a. manic / depressive) I can certainly relate to what your friend is feeling. Some days, the whole world looks like it's in free-fall towards disaster, and the helplessness is almost too much to bear. I've got lots of help and support (medication free) to help me manage the symptoms, and I hope friend finds some also.     

easybeat wrote:

sometimes u need to read between the lines,but it`s just a song,often i used certain
words for drama ,others just to fit the chord progression.It`s called imagination.
maybe the title implies something,but it`s purely for drama/effect,sorry if i misled you
in truth it`s not about any one person it`s probably about a whole lot of different people put together.

TF
pleased to hear you are doing well,please read the above.
this song is total fiction,the person i talked to is a nice ordinary person just a bit serious.
it`s not about him or anyone,he just gave me an idea for the song.
there`s a hell of a lot of poetic license in it.     

easybeat wrote:
easybeat wrote:

TF
pleased to hear you are doing well,please read the above.
this song is total fiction,the person i talked to is a nice ordinary person just a bit serious.
it`s not about him or anyone,he just gave me an idea for the song.
there`s a hell of a lot of poetic license in it.

Gotcha ... thanks. All said, it certainly shows terrific insight into what a lot of people endure, and I appreciate that ... fiction or not.     

Excellent piece of work my friend. It describes how I've felt several times in my life with all the accompanying ailments that go with it. I was experiencing high blood pressure, heart misfires, reflux and hiper ventilation. My doctor told me to change my lifestyle or die...soon. I learned to control it, much to a lot of people's chagrin, and here I am threatening 70 and still reasonably healthy!
Your tale is so well-written and describes a lot of us, but please tell your friend to calm down, breathing exercises and cutting my workload helped me without need for drugs, just daily heartburn tablets and the occasional beater blocker. You call it a song? Let's hear it when it's finished.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

thanks for comments phil.just put it on soundcloud