Maybe tomorrow

All this time I wake up and
Start a new day,
I try to look up saying
I will be happy today.

And when I stare into the mirror,
All I see,
Is a face, looking back at me 

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: MIRROR

Beaner you say so much in just a few words. This one is special. Thank you for sharing your poem.     

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

I have to "mirror" what CG says above, this is a great little poem and I think it would make onehelova rock song!
It's the kind of poem that makes you reflect, I never promised not to do any Puns!, It's melancholy yet hopeful and  shows there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for sharing.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

4 (edited by TIGLJK 2019-03-01 12:46:22)

Beamer
I agree with Phill and CG - great little poem. It contains a lot of imagery and self-reflection.
I think a great title would come from the line " Maybe Tomorrow",
If done in your genre, it would suit it like  a metal amalgam perfectly!
This poem is like a seeing glass into your mind set. Hope you get out of the floccinaucinihilipilification
[flok-suh-naw-suh-nahy-hil-uh-pil-uh-fi-key-shuhn] funk soon as you have so much to offer.
I was thinking yesterday that you should get one of those blank journal books and put one of your songs / poems-  one each - on a page - then when you get to the last page and fill it - close the book and move on - just a way of setting a goal and maybe finding a path to healing.
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

That is a good poem. In a storm we  see the bad bits after a storm we then can reflect on the good bits and the positive outcomes. I went through a terrible break up years ago with the progress of time it put me in the good place I am today.     

Mirrors! Cussed things, if you ask me ... 'cuz they don't lie. You've written another gem, Beamer.     

Thanks so much everyone.  As most who have been there, this is a rollercoaster.  I have met someone who really is soul inspiring.  Ill say more later.
but you gotta like a lady who calls you "My Naughty  Rocker Boy"!  big_smile     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

That's good news, looks like you're moving on....is that a new tag line? Naughty rocker boy?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

That's good news, looks like you're moving on....is that a new tag line? Naughty rocker boy?

Sub tag? big_smile     

TIGLJK wrote:

Beamer
I agree with Phill and CG - great little poem. It contains a lot of imagery and self-reflection.
I think a great title would come from the line " Maybe Tomorrow",
If done in your genre, it would suit it like  a metal amalgam perfectly!
This poem is like a seeing glass into your mind set. Hope you get out of the floccinaucinihilipilification
[flok-suh-naw-suh-nahy-hil-uh-pil-uh-fi-key-shuhn] funk soon as you have so much to offer.
I was thinking yesterday that you should get one of those blank journal books and put one of your songs / poems-  one each - on a page - then when you get to the last page and fill it - close the book and move on - just a way of setting a goal and maybe finding a path to healing.
Jim

That is what I uses chordie for!! big_smile