Topic: Epiphone Masterbuilt in intensive care

Big problem,  I had to ship my Epiphone back to Sweetwater for repairs, fortunately, it is still under warranty.
I noticed there was a fret buzz starting on the 10th fret to the14th and it appears the neck has a slight warp as well as the top of the body I was told by the repair guys at Sweetwater this could be due to moisture or lack of it. Sweetwater sent me a shipping box with a prepaid shipping label and I packed it up carefully and it should be there now it is always good to do business with a company that backs up there products. I have been busy with writing and practice my latest song to learn is Eager Winters "Rock and roll Hoochee Coo" I am playing it on my Les Paul for that fat sound I love. This song has some really tasty fills and challenging lead guitar parts I managed to memorize the lyrics in about 3 days ( not as fast as I used to be old age lol )  I find I am using my Atomic Effects more and more because I was able to program each effect and assign them to one of the two way buttons making 6 different effects I can access with a foot switch. I did also find a few musicians to jam with and looking forward to warmer weather. smile 

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Epiphone Masterbuilt in intensive care

Russell  I hope all goes nicely when  you get is back or they should set up a  new one for you and ship that instead.  Please let us know when you get it back is your repaired or if they sent you a new one.     

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Russell

Good companies keep good customers!

You are light years ahead of me musically, I hope to hear our production son.

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I hope they can get your EPI back in your hands and working properly. Warped necks are not easy to fix, and often not fixable (is that a word?).

"Hoochie Koo" is one we played in a High School band I was part of. I wasn't the lead guitarist, so didn't learn any of the lead bits that both Johnny Winter and Rick Derringer played so well. It's a great song that lots of groups have covered, and hopefully "Retro Buzz" will add it to their arsenal as well.     

Thanks will keep you posted smile

Classical Guitar wrote:

Russell  I hope all goes nicely when  you get is back or they should set up a  new one for you and ship that instead.  Please let us know when you get it back is your repaired or if they sent you a new one.

I agree and that is why I only buy from them and with regards to light years ahead I just have been around for a lot longer with more time to practice smile

TIGLJK wrote:

Russell

Good companies keep good customers!

You are light years ahead of me musically, I hope to hear our production son.

Jim

I do not see how they can correct the warp at the end of the neck or the inward warp behind the saddles but I am not a repair guy, I will see if I can loop a rhythm phrase to go with the lead fills an interesting note on the fills is the second time it is played it is a 3d below smile

Tenement Funster wrote:

I hope they can get your EPI back in your hands and working properly. Warped necks are not easy to fix, and often not fixable (is that a word?).

"Hoochie Koo" is one we played in a High School band I was part of. I wasn't the lead guitarist, so didn't learn any of the lead bits that both Johnny Winter and Rick Derringer played so well. It's a great song that lots of groups have covered, and hopefully "Retro Buzz" will add it to their arsenal as well.

Russell

Good luck with the guitar, I hope all goes well for you.

I was wondering since you are an accomplished guitarist with a lot of experience..... what are the major differences between a Gibson and an Epiphone  Les Paul model ?
Also wondering what's the difference between Guitar Center and Sweetwater - they always seem to have the same prices ?
Thanks
Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK wrote:

Russell

Good luck with the guitar, I hope all goes well for you.

I was wondering since you are an accomplished guitarist with a lot of experience..... what are the major differences between a Gibson and an Epiphone  Les Paul model ?
Also wondering what's the difference between Guitar Center and Sweetwater - they always seem to have the same prices ?
Thanks
Jim

Hi Jim a good question,  I think the difference is minuscule it really comes down to preference and pride. I own or have owned a Les Paul most of my life and a Strat my thoughts are when you play the best guitars there are no excuses for not excelling or trying too at least. With regards to Guitar Center and Sweetwater I have never dealt with Guitar Center and do not know their policies but I do trust Sweetwater from years of dealing with them and in the end, I think if your dancing with the best looking girl at the ball no need to look further smile     

Thanks Russell

Looking forward to some new performance from you

Jim