1 (edited by Classical Guitar 2019-03-19 09:37:11)

Topic: Blues Friday New Page

To keep this a little shorter I am starting a new page. All comments are welcome.

Also to get a post started here is a page from the Moody Blues  1970
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPLWBhNW3FM

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Re: Blues Friday New Page

Good man CG.     

Nice going, CG ... and a great way to start with "Tuesday Afternoon" by the Moody Blues.     

Thank both of you for time to listen. I will start posting on Friday morning after today.     

well done CG, it's good to see that some of our members are thinking about others no just themselves. Moody Blues...the softer end of the prog rock scene, which is not to detract from their ability or talent.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Cg
I loved the Moody blues have several of their albums. Thanks for bringing back some great memories of a terrific group.     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

On a related note, I think our member BadEye deserves a hearty round of applause, for his almost 10-years of providing our Friday Blues Fix. He mentioned last Fall about possibly packing it in, but I think we'd all agree he's earned our appreciation.

Thank-you, BadEye, and thank-you CG for taking up the baton ... well done, good sir!     

Fridays  Blues Fix is Kennedy Center Honors - Bettye LaVette - Love Reign     
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJi6maTueSc     

CG   That was a very, very nice song!!!     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK  Thank you.     

Great choice, CG, and a creatively different cover of this "Who" classic than is usually seen ... nice selection.     

For Friday's Blues Fix it is Hoochie Coochie Man by 10 year old Joshua King with the James Cotton Band. As good as he is in another 10 years he will be great.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blBAqb_jyn0     

What an awe-inspiring selection, CG ... many, many thanks! I wasn't expecting to get slapped in the head this morning, but this was amazing. His voice & wind control are ... (wait for it) ... breath-taking. Best start to a Friday morning in a long time .... thanks!!!

The kid is dynamite!

wonder what he is doing now when he is 18 ?     

Thank you Tenement Funstern and TIGLJK for your comments. From what I looked at he is till singing blues and gets better and better. I am trying to get more current blues singers than older ones. Some of the them have  do not have much on utube yet.     

This Friday the Blues fix  is Tedeschi Trucks Band - "Midnight in Harlem"    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GkdCiqsFUI     

Ted trks band is smoking - very, very good !     

TIGLJK thank you for your comment and taking time to listen . That mean al lot to me.     

this always brightens up my Fridays - I'm never disappointed - usually when it plays - there are 3 or 4 more lined up behind it that I like as well.
Thanks for doing this CG !     

This is full of warm feeling, and great performances by everyone. Susan's voice reminds me a lot of Bonnie Raitt, and that's meant as a supreme compliment. CG ... I really like the direction you're taking with your weekly Blues Page. Keep it up, man!     

21 (edited by Classical Guitar 2019-04-12 08:57:33)

This Friday Blues Fix  is Bonnie Raitt & Bruce Hornsby   Can't Make You Love Me       It will show best if you enlarge the page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTIu4Ub … mp;index=5

This a great selection, CG ... thank-you. Bruce has such an easy-to-listen-to piano style, and Bonnie is a rare talent in so many ways.  I saw her on a TV special Chet Atkins hosted (in the 80's, I think). She cut loose with a slide solo in a song they were playing, and he responded with an awestruck "My, my, my ... what was that?" big_smile     

Cheers CG Bonnie has a great voice I also love it when she does this duo attached below with Norah Jones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzDUi_L … mp;index=3     

Thank Tenement Funster and Peatle Jville.  Both of you taking time to review what I post on Friday means a lot  to me.     

Bonnie Raitt is awesome.  She just has that  edge that says I can do anything  a man can do - she has a unique voice and is a very,very talented performer.
Peatle - the duet with Norah Jones is good, beautiful blend of voices, but for me it's way too slowly dragged out.
Thanks for sharing CG, TF and P

Jim