Re: Beamer

Well my last post was more of a your not alone to UJB.
Now as to this one topic:

Number 1:  Thanks for the honor of renaming LOLOLOL.  but .....

Number 2: All points are valid.  I personally tend to agree with BGD and Z.  I have to edit out lyrics because ill be censored for the expressions that fit a song of my chosen favorite genera.  In normal conversation I can see not dropping the F bomb.  However when generally accepted alternatives get pinged also..... That's taking it too far.

Number 3: I personally think that many of the members have lost sight of the pulse of today's younger generation.  I speak of my sons ages which are pretty much the new generation of music lovers.  14 to 18 yr old boys and girls, they are WAY more knowledgeable than I was 35 yrs. ago. 
The pace of tech they keep up with leaves us way behind with our heads spinning.  Let us also not expect them to want to be in such an old school based site.  While it’s cool for most of us, it lags in comparison to the newer sites.  I have said this before, as a forum based site, with no instant feedback, or real-time notice via an app to let you know someone has read, or left a reply.  They are not interested.

We had some younger participants at one point, and now they are gone, either due to life pulling them or face it, the conversations got stale and well, sounded like they were talking to their uncle or grandpa.  Go talk to .any music store owner.  Ask the average age of kids buying instruments, coming in for lessons, and oining band are?  after band, ill bet not as many go into it.

I am constantly promoting this site, to anyone who will listen.  I have to be honest.  I talk to the members who used to be very active on FB quite a bit.  With personal "IM" I can be myself and I can be unrestricted.  Not to say that I want to drop F bombs everywhere, but if one slips it should be taken in stride.  Everyone who has met outside of the web wonderland,,,, well its real life.

The one main reason I still post here is for the few who still are active and have good advice and I enjoy writing with.  Not to also mention, it’s a new form of a Poor man’s copy-write as everything is time and date stamped and I can always find my material when on a new computer or telling someone about it and post the links. And hope they stick around to see the rest of what’s on here.     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

I haven`t been participating too much lately. I`ve just had bigger fish to fry. Dealing with other things. As much as a lot of people know about me, I am also extremely private in a lot of other things. Even Chris has a problem with that sometimes.

Chris has a problem with your privates huh? Sounds personal buddy.     

Baldguitardude wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

I haven`t been participating too much lately. I`ve just had bigger fish to fry. Dealing with other things. As much as a lot of people know about me, I am also extremely private in a lot of other things. Even Chris has a problem with that sometimes.

lol  lol lol  lol     

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Dirty Ed wrote:
Baldguitardude wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

lol  lol lol  lol

Only funny cuz we know her and have seen that short leash she keeps on JJJ. What a great lady.     

Interesting topic and responses I think the reason I don't post as much is the natural aging process lol  The same reason I do not participate in chess tournaments my lack of energy or interest and health reasons I use oxygen when I go out and have to sit in a chair when I jam or play out and for the 1st time in my life I feel my age but I try my best to stay positive so there it is. smile     

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I still log on pretty much every day to check for spammers, but very rarely engage in the forum. This used to be a fun, friendly forum where folks engaged in conversations about all sorts of topics. Music has always been the primary focus, but we used to have great discussions about kids, gardening, pets, sports, just day to day life. In addition to the folks Zurf mentioned, Southpaw41, GuitarPix, wlbaye, astro, and many others are no longer or very rarely heard from. I have made many friends from this forum and have hosted a bunch of these friends at chordiestock and for that I am grateful. However this forum has lost its "fun factor" to me. This is a hobby, hobbies should be fun....

I do still engage with many of my chordie friends on other platforms.     

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Baldguitardude wrote:
Dirty Ed wrote:
Baldguitardude wrote:

lol  lol lol  lol

Only funny cuz we know her and have seen that short leash she keeps on JJJ. What a great lady.

That is true about the short leash. She also knows that me and too much time on my hands isn`t always the greatest combination. Her biggest problem with me is not opening up about certain matters. Because of her I have stopped some bad "Recreational Habits". She has seen a lot more than you have seen on Facebook. None of it good.     

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:
Baldguitardude wrote:
Dirty Ed wrote:

lol  lol lol  lol

That is true about the short leash. She also knows that me and too much time on my hands isn`t always the greatest combination. Her biggest problem with me is not opening up about certain matters. Because of her I have stopped some bad "Recreational Habits". She has seen a lot more than you have seen on Facebook. None of it good.

I can imagine.  She seems great for you.  I’m a charter member of the Chris fan club.     

Russell_Harding wrote:

Interesting topic and responses I think the reason I don't post as much is the natural aging process lol  The same reason I do not participate in chess tournaments my lack of energy or interest and health reasons I use oxygen when I go out and have to sit in a chair when I jam or play out and for the 1st time in my life I feel my age but I try my best to stay positive so there it is. smile

Hats off to you, Russell, for the positive attitude. A friend of mine who recently turned 94 told me this last summer:

"Rick, the list of things I can't do is getting longer every day. But there are still a few things I can do, so I'll enjoy every one of them."

Good words.