Topic: My Next Guitar

Looking 4 a new Guitar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ive been playing since about june this year.
i was thinking about getting a new guitar at about christmas time
i want an acoustic electric guitar cuz i think theyre just awsome
is it a good idea to get one 

OR

Im gonna get a Bass Guitar or Electric

Re: My Next Guitar

My acoustic electric is a Glen Burton. i like it a lot because if you have the right amp settings it sounds somewhat electric-like. if you are looking for a guitar i would definately recomend an acoustic electric.

Aaahhhh

Another chance to rave about my Yamaha APX500 electro-acoustic.

Love it.

A fantastic guitar for the money, just under £200 (UK). Great sound, grreat action and looks sexy. Built in tuner too......... love it!

lol

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

4 (edited by cytania 2007-08-30 14:21:38)

Hi Red, if you have an acoustic then I'd recommend you go for a straight electric. Although electro-acoustics can give distortion and a whole range of sounds there's nothing like having the right tool for the job and solid body electric guitars were made for rock and screaming solos. If you want some of that look in the Electric Guitar Forum for the old threads where Boot, Dr.Phil and myself have made various recommendations.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

I also started playing in JUNE of 2006 and I now have 5 Guitars, Yamaha FS720 ,  Yamaha CPX700 (ACOUSTIC ELECTRIC), Takamine 381sc (12 string), Gitano Classical and a PRS Standard SE (ELECTRIC) .  However the best sounding one is the Takamine and the one that is most fun AND EASIEST to play is my CPX 700 YAMAHA.

Good luck Shopping