Topic: GUITARS

HI I PLAY A TANGLEWOOD NW55 ELECTRO ACUSTIC GUITAR
I USE MARTIN SP STRINGS CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IF THEIR
THE PROPER STRINGS FOR THE GUITAR I KNOW ITS A
PERSONEL CHOICE WE ALL HAVE  BUT I WAS WONDERING
IF ANYBODY CAN SUGGEST ANY OTHER MAKE OF STRINGS
THAT SUIT THIS MODEL OF GUITAR MAYBE SOMEBODY OUT THERE
HAS A TANGLEWOOD AND LET ME KNOW IF THEY USE OTHER TYPE OF STRINGS
AS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SO I COULD TRY THEM OUT THANKS JOHNNY!!!!!

smile

Re: GUITARS

Well, Johnny your correct in saying that string brand is a personal choice. To find the correct string gauge look for your owners manual or go to the tanglewood website and look up the spec's on the model you have it should mention what gauge strings are used.
Then try different brands of strings of the correct gauge to find which is your brand of strings.

Bootlegger.

THANK  YOU SO MUCH KIND REGARDS JOHNNY

smile

YOUR right its a matter of personnal Choice I have tried the martins and Alixir However  I prefer The ERNIE BALLS String for all my acoustics. (I have 5 of them)

thanks for the reply however yesterday i tried out for the first time
elixer light gauge and they seem fabalous perhaps i will stay with elixer for awhile
nothing ventured nothing gain regards johnny smile

smile

Hi John,

I have a Tanglewood too and have used both martin and D'addario strings on it, mainly because they were the most convenient to get. Although I cant say there was any huge difference between them, If I were to give advice on  it I'd say go for the coated strings, the more mellow sounding ones, whatever they are called (cant remember off the top of my head) . I think mellow suits this guitar better. But again it depends what you are doing with it - finger picking or playing loud in front of a crowd and so on.

Tanglewoods rule by the way - good choice!

Shane

STRINGS: A difficult subject. I have a lot of acoustics, Martin, Gibson, but my problem is that I almost never change strings.
I play between 30 minutes and 90 minutes, and I change every x-time, a guitar to play.
I DO HAVE 1 IMPORTANT QUESTION: How do they measure the "quality of a string", are they testing how strong a string is. Take the smallest string, the E string, 0.10 or 0.11, the way I play and using those light strings is perfect.
BUT HOW TO COMPARE THE QUALITY: HANGING WEIGHTS ON THE STRING UNTIL IT SNAPS?
THE WAY OF VIBRATION?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]