Topic: Focus

I didn't want to "intrude" on Tenement Funster's Prog Rock Showcase, so I'm posting this here, even though these guys are considered "prog" (by me, anyway)

I spoke about the Hammond B3 organ in another topic, and although this isn't a B3 (L100, I believe), it has much of the sound of the original.

This is "Hocus Pocus" live with a flute solo by Thijs Van Leer. Notice how the lead guitarist steps in with the high notes on the vocals, and by the way - that's a left-handed drummer. Ringo describes himself as a "left-handed drummer" playing a right-handed kit".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snk35eck06Y 

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Focus

Hey Bill ... here's your official "blank cheque" to intrude whenever you want to. wink

And you can't d better than "Focus" and this flagship song of theirs. Van Leer's yodeling really makes the song unique, and Jan Akkerman is a fantastic guitarist. I've got one of their tunes cued up for "Prog Wednesday" ... thanks for reminding me of them.     

One of my favourite instrumental tracks along with Sylvia. Thijs s high voice has gone, maybe he's reached puberty?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

4 (edited by Peatle Jville 2019-04-19 03:42:17)

Good  one Bill got a 20 year old sitting next to me watching and listening to your  Hocus Pocus attachment  who just told me that is brilliant and I agree.