1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2019-04-17 20:05:40)

Topic: Bass Control On MP3 Players?

I recently began a fitness program whereby I walk 2 miles a day to music programmed to my steps.

I hadn't used my MP3 player (A Coby 4 gig - very reasonably priced), and noticed - for the first time, apparently - that there are no bass/treble controls on it. Doing a search, I notice this is the case with most of the players I researched except for the Sony Walkman ones which are priced way out of my league.

So for those of you who know (or have kids who may), is this pretty much the standard for players under $50.00 USD? And what about those that come with Bluetooth? Why would I need that - and even if I get a Bluetooth one, can it be used as just a normal player?

Any help?

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Bass Control On MP3 Players?

Are you looking to adjust the smallmouth, largemouth, striped, white, or sand bass Bill? smile     

Haha! Guess this is way off-topic, isn't it? smile

Oh well. What's that old saying? "Back to the drawing board"?

One thing: I was able to answer my question on my own: Most mp3 players do have good bass response if you have good enough headphones. I tried another set (ear buds) and they seem to do okay.

So thanks anyway, everyone!

Bill     

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

I read somewhere that the producers of MP3's and music in general believe their mixes are perfect and need no other tonal control, ergo, no need for treble/bass control. I wish I was that perfect!     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.