Topic: Once Someone Is Banned......

.......... why can't their last post then be removed?

I'm referring to a recent legit question about tube amps. Everything was going fine until the banned person's post, (which was, of course, unrelated to the topic) then the whole thing just came to a halt and no other opinions were posted.

Sure, the opinions which [were posted did answer our new member's question, and were, as usual very informative, but then one sees the spammer's post and nothing afterward.

I'm probably making a mountain out of mole hill here, but maybe just ban them and give a reason and then continue on with the topic?

Opinions? 

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Once Someone Is Banned......

Mods are each assigned a section or two.  Only those assigned to a section may perform the relevant cleanup. What normally happens is someone bans the abuser, flags the post for cleanup and then a section mod comes in and cleans up afterward. If you look on the main forum list page you can see who is assigned to each section.     

Ah, okay. So I jumped the gun. Sorry.     

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Hi Bill. What non mods don't see are the websites and spam that may be in their signature which new members can't display due to programming, clever huh? What I do most mornings is scan through new posts and if I see suspicious names or senseless replies, I check the members out, follow their links etc and if they're innocent then that's okay, if not the banhammer falls. I think all the mods do the same. Sometimes we get it wrong and the member can apply to HE WHO MUST BE OBEYED to be re_instated. I hope this clears it up for you, my friend?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.