1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2019-05-27 04:37:41)

Topic: These Words.

These Words.

The words of politicians are they different to the poet?
That dagger of blaming and shaming.
Words bound to hit potholes.
A paranoid moment causing me to  leave words parked up in the driveway.
In the activity of communication what’s meant to be amusing now transformed.
Do we evaluate others by what we think their words mean?
Do previous scars strangle words sent with good intentions?
Are  the right words sometimes too elusive to find.
I guess like many things it’s all in the mind.

Re: These Words.

deep stuff Peatle,well done     

The King Of Audio Torture

Good one Peatle !
Lots to think about there !
Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Great to read and you say even more between the lines. I am glad I read it.     

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Cheers everyone thank you for your comments. The Booker Prize for Fiction is a literary prize awarded each year for the best original novel written in the English language and published in the United Kingdom. I was chatting about this with a retired journalist who mentioned to me that one of the judges listed as part of their criteria for a good novel is it should be ideologically correct. It seemed to me that " Ideologically Correct"  was an inflexible concept that I would associate with North Korea or Stalinist Russia and Mao’s China.That got me thinking about what stops everyday people from putting  their true thoughts into words and then delivering them out into the world. Pondering that is when I came up with the poem.These Words.     

6 (edited by Tenement Funster 2019-05-28 10:37:00)

That's excellent stuff, Peatle ... thank you. As you have correctly observed, scars from the past do indeed strangle any words with good intentions. We're now heading into a Federal Election campaign here in Canada, and are being asked to "pick our poison" based on two really shaky things:

a) Do the candidates mean what they say, or are they simply pandering to demographics to win?
b) Can we trust what the media shows us, which usually editorializes / journalizes what we hear beyond recognition?

I've always voted, but I don't like our choices this time 'round, and I'm not even certain we're being told what the real choices are.

Peatle & TF
very interesting comments,i`ve all but given up on media.
much of it is opinion and often bias  at that.
Looks like around the world we are seeing a swing to the right
in recent elections,i think this is a reaction to the extremes of the left.
we are living in interesting times     

The King Of Audio Torture

8 (edited by Peatle Jville 2019-05-29 07:01:02)

Cheers EB and TF  for your interesting thoughts. Every political party has it own clever rhetoric around employment, income, health, education, and housing. Political leaders are great at ridiculing the opposition with the eloquance of a snake oil salesman. Sensationalization in the mass media to me has been born out of less objective journalism in favour of a profit motive. Then we have unreliable polls telling us this is what public opinion is about or what percent has been affected by  whatever. This political party will win or its leader is the most popular. Also  we have the  them and us breaking down social cohesian. I believe this mentality, even though I have never known or spoken to any of them but they have to be no good because they aren’t us. That idea is bad because it comes from the left or the right. We are constantly been marketed to but not always given all the information needed to form a opinion due to press hype. Finding a way to get people singing from the same choir sheet is  sometimes built on misinformation. No wonder simple folk like me find it hard to decide who to vote for or what to believe.