Topic: idea 01

Chilling and looking out my bedroom window. This riff ended up getting in my fingertips. Recorded on my tablet sorry not better quality.

had one person say they heard some Kiss and I defiantly have some WHO riffage mixed in.

https://soundcloud.com/beamer326/my_idea_01-wav 

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: idea 01

Absolutely and most definitely Pete Townshend in there. All I could picture was him windmilling with Moonie at the back thrashing around and Entwhistle laying some great bass lines down. Brilliant, piece of guitar work Beamer     

Thick as two short planks

Good idea to record it, Beamer, and a very neat riff. I need to start doing that. A riff or chord progression will often develop while noodling around, and unless I keep at it for several days, it evaporates into the ether.     

Got to say it's very interesting. As I was listening I could imagine the bass and drums giving it what for. Are you planning a vocal? As it seems more or less finished just needing bass, drums and a wild man giving it large and of course a screaming guitar solo. Let us know how you get on.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

Got to say it's very interesting. As I was listening I could imagine the bass and drums giving it what for. Are you planning a vocal? As it seems more or less finished just needing bass, drums and a wild man giving it large and of course a screaming guitar solo. Let us know how you get on.

Actually no, I have a intro idea im working on that my also become a bridge / interlude?  I am going to get it put together better and ask Jerome to add the bass and Drums (maybe my son will  feel the groove idk)

Then hopefully Paul and I can set some lyrics down.     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Tenement Funster wrote:

Good idea to record it, Beamer, and a very neat riff. I need to start doing that. A riff or chord progression will often develop while noodling around, and unless I keep at it for several days, it evaporates into the ether.

yep i always have my phone or tablet around.  I have actually started filming my left hand too!  I'll be like What did I do and how did I do it???     

Beamer
Way to rip it - I wish I could do as such!

I agree with Keep It Real -    I got the Who twinge as well when listening.

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Beamer I can hear the  Pete Townshend influence. With a drummer and a bass player you would have a perfect way to fill out that riff.     

WORKING ON INTRO. EDITED WITH BEARAUDIO ON LINE.

https://soundcloud.com/beamer326/combined-my-ideas-01