Topic: Sad news...

It's been a long while since I even pretended to be an active member of this forum but I see a friend from back then has come to my support (Thank you, it means a lot) so I figured I'd share the story with the rest of you old and new.  This is an incredible bunch of people.

Following a 5 year ordeal with stage 4 metastatic breast cancer, my wife's struggle ended - thankfully, peacefully at home last Friday.  We were lucky to have the resources to both retire and do pretty much what we wanted when we wanted for the past 5 years.  The health system was amazing and the local cancer centre staff couldn't have been better.

I expect I'll be a while processing things but hope to be back here with a comment or two in the not too distant future.

Thanks for being here and all the best!
Jim 

Re: Sad news...

Hello Jim. So sorry to hear your sad news. I guess your family are all around you at this moment, and you'll probably find that you'll try to be strong for them. So please remember you have friends here on Chordie that are always happy to listen and support you now and in the future.

Sincerely Phill.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

So sorry for your loss Jim.  I’ve seen on Fb how loved your wife is and how loving your family and friends are and I can’t imagine what you’re all going through.     

Sorry to hear of this my condolences on your loss     

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Phill, Joe, Russell,
Thanks for the notes and thoughts.
Family and friends really do help one through a lot.
Jim     

So sorry to hear about your loss.  I don`t know what to write to lessen the blow.     

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

sorry for your loss, as the others have said there are no words to make you feel better     

out of tune out of key and out of touch

So sorry for your loss Jim. We all lose people near and dear to us as  goes by and you're right, it takes time to process the changes. All the best to you.     

JIm

I am sorry for your loss. Your wife sure sounds like a fighter.
I am glad you got the years together to enjoy.
Cherish those times as memories can never be taken away
best wishes to you going forward - and although its not face to face - all of us here on chordie
will help in  the healing in our small way whenever we can.

the other Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Sorry to hear of your loss & welcome back ...

Richard     

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic

Sorry to hear of your loss Jim of your dear Lady.  Bless her for fighting the good fight and though she is now at the end of that struggle Im sure the good memories live on.     

On a forum such as this we have contact and feel that we know people but in reality we never know what they are going through in real life. This is such a tragedy; I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through now but I am pleased to read that family and friends are giving support. Thoughts and prayers for you.

Roger     

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thank you all. 
Your thoughts and support helps more than you can know.
Jim     

So sorry to learn of your dear wife's departure, and am hoping that you eventually find comfort knowing that her difficulties are over.     

Sorry to learn of your loss. I've been on that journey myself  so I know pretty much how you're feeling right now. Don't try to rush things , it all takes time, and don't be afraid to talk to people and express your feelings. I wish you all the best.     

Thick as two short planks

Sorry Jim.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Jim

My wife and I send our sincere condolences on your loss. The Chordie Family, though we do not know each other personally, are very loving and supportive - as I can attest.
Sending warm thoughts your way.

Bill     

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com