Topic: Microphone transmitted diseases ?

Struggling with my breathing again looks like I've picked up a chest infection. I must remember to take my own mic to gigs in future ,this happened to me last year and I ended up loosing my voice as well. I think the problem is that some sound guys are not aware of germs living in mic filters ,I used to sanitise mine every time i did a rental gig , it just takes a few minutes . Anyway the steroids and antibiotics I got this morning should sort me out soon . 

Re: Microphone transmitted diseases ?

Grah
great title for a song or band     

The King Of Audio Torture

Hey Graham ... that really sucks, man. I'd never heard of germs being transmitted from mics before, but it makes perfect sense. Hope you recover soon.     

I've been aware of this for a long time. Worst case I heard of was a roadie that had hep B sound checked the vocalists mic and so passed on the disease!
I always use my own mic and keep a spare for the jackanapes that think they can sing better than me. Maybe they can when their sober, not so much when they're ratted!
My advice...take your own mic and don't use secondhand snotrags!!!lol     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Graham
Sorry about catching that stuff - argggh !  Nasty

Phil - there's another great word for me - " Jackanapes  "

I love you  guys - always just feeding me with cool stuff.

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Hi Graham. Hope you're feeling better?
Ann has great faith in whiskey with lemonade, honey and a slice of lemon warmed up in the microwave for a few moments. I'm not a whiskey drinker but it does warm you up a treat! And will help fight the infection.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.