Topic: D9/6 chord - need help

i am trying to play "horse with no name" and can't find this chord - can someone help me find it?
thanks in advance.

Re: D9/6 chord - need help

Hi bretbennett & welcome to chordie!  On the 'Resources' page there is a large chord chart.  Click on any chord and you can see alternative fingerings.

I believe you are seeking the D9add6 chord which is listed there:
http://www.chordie.com/chords.php

Hope this helps, James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

thats what i thought...at first i thought it would be a different chord cuz it didnt match d9/6 exactly . does the "ad" part mean anything?

thanks in advance

It's  Dadd6add9 . . . 200200

e-----0------------
B-----0------------
G-----2------------
D-----0------------
A-----0------------
E-----2------------

5 (edited by gitaardocphil 2007-09-05 09:02:52)

Like Royce Drake: start Em and the first chord to play is as described. There is a little "switch"and if you compare the chord is
e   x      o

B   x      x

G   x      x

A   x      o

E   x       x    this chord is actual a Em9

I use the o to tell you where to put your fingers, staying, in fact this whole song is played on the 2nd fret.
DO NOT THINK IT'S EASY, because of the "quicker" changes, but the day you can play it for 100%, you will enjoye. Use Acoustic or Electro-Acoustic guitars
The add means something, Aadd6: is the A on the second fret but you add the little E chord. So an A but instead of 3 fingers, you add a 4th finger on 2nd fret. It looks like this:
x   x   x   x   x   x  1th fret 
x   x   o   o   o   x  2nd fret

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]