Topic: DAD merlin seagull stick dulcimer

Hi guys, Newbie here from England, new to playing and have a seagull merlin in D which I am loving! Looking for songs or ways to convert songs as the merlin has no c chord. Anyone else have the merlin? Be cool to get to know more people and see how they are getting in with theirs? 

Re: DAD merlin seagull stick dulcimer

welcome to Chordie! I became familiar with this instrument upon reading your post. Looks fun!

Are you looking to transpose the song to a new key, or are you looking for substitute chords when a C is called for? Just want to be sure I understand the question.     

Hi baldguitardude, (dad?). Lol.  2nd attempt at a reply so hopefully this one will post. Looking at you tube vids and people have done modern songs and replaced the c chord with something else, I am not experienced or know enough about guitar yet to be able to do this. There are not many song books for the merlin and the ones there are are so boring and most of the songs online are religious folk Irish or traditional. Someone needs to make a song book with modern tunes. They would make a fortune!   So basically looking for resources for songs for the merlin d more modern or how to replace the c chord?     

rain657 wrote:

Hi baldguitardude, (dad?). Lol.  2nd attempt at a reply so hopefully this one will post. Looking at you tube vids and people have done modern songs and replaced the c chord with something else, I am not experienced or know enough about guitar yet to be able to do this. There are not many song books for the merlin and the ones there are are so boring and most of the songs online are religious folk Irish or traditional. Someone needs to make a song book with modern tunes. They would make a fortune!   So basically looking for resources for songs for the merlin d more modern or how to replace the c chord?

Can you link to a song you're trying to do this with? I can help.