Topic: Les Paul's "Les Paul"

I was picking up some strings at my local music haunt yesterday, and got into a chat about gear with a newer guy who works there. I showed him pics of my new music room, and right away he picked up on the tremolo on my Les Paul. It's a Stetsbar Pro II which I installed a few years ago. This guy felt that putting a trem on an LP wasn't the way they were intended to be outfitted ... curious comment, which fell silent after I showed him this:

http://www.vintageguitar.com/wp-content/uploads/LESPAUL_00_Header1.jpg

Whether for a bit of shimmer, or outright dive-bombing, a trem just adds another tool for a guitarist to use to add color to their music. I can't imagine playing an electric without one. And I guess if Les Paul himself thought it was okay to have Bigsby's on some of his guitars, I'm in good company. 

Re: Les Paul's "Les Paul"

lol Good one! I don't have a trem on my LP but my  Fender Eleit has one and it is killer I can dive bomb it and it always stays in tune I like to use both depending on the song or my feelings at the time. smile     

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Cuentamina2 wrote:

LP has no comparison

It just depends on the sound your looking for I have a Les Paul custom too     

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I’ve always wanted a guitar w a bigsby.     

TF

I love it when you "out expert" an expert !
Well Done my friend !!!

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

In France, they are Les Pauls.     

I am a young graduate of the College of Engineering. I love the discovery and looking forward to everything new in all fields. I would like to benefit from my presence here.