Topic: for old times sake

i haven't put up a new song for a good while and i like this one i wrote this month. i hope my chordie friends will have a listen and give their honest opinion? it's a stripped down version, just guitar and vocal and about the question we all ask when our relationship has ended; just once more for old times sake?

https://soundcloud.com/iphillfine/for-old-times-sake 

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

2 (edited by Peatle Jville 2019-11-09 23:14:27)

Re: for old times sake

Phill your song works perfectly for me. It is. It is a complicated story in my past  but your song reminds me of an ex offering me another bite of the apple and me fortunately having the sense to walk away. One big differance with my story  her husband was miles away not outside in his car. Another top song of yours.

Love it Phill ,great lyrics work well as an acoustic song ,I'd like a little less chorus on the guitar  as I think it just detracts a little from the quality of the mix.But overall one of your best.I especially like the change of tone in your voice between the verse and chorus.Very well done.     

Love it Phill

Your playing and singing are excellent as usual. 
I'm sure this situation arises a thousand times a day in people's lives, and choices have to be made.
Great song my friend.

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Hi Peatle, thanks. It is a made up story, to an extent! Both party's want to and don't want to, it's how my mind works.ha ha! The new boyfriend outside in the car adds to the tension and was just that, a kinda afterthought.
Thanks for the listen and the comment.     

Thanks Grah. The chorus isn't that big in my original recording. In actual fact it's the flanger I added during the mix and conversion to MP3.
I write all my songs on acoustic, they only become electric during the recording process. As I said...that is a cut down version more or less live. Bass, drums and keyboard added later. I may upload that at a later date.
Thanks for listening and commenting.
How are things with you up north? Hope you're not in the floods?     

Hi Jim. Oh yes and some of us have difficulty not yielding to temptation! That situation is going backwards, things may look good in retrospect, we tend to remember the good times but it's because of the bad times we split up. And that's what I tell myself in those situations. Told myself, those days are long gone.lol     

Phill were clear over in Settle no flooding but they had a bit over near where my son lives in Hebden bridge ,all clear now though.     

Grah1 wrote:

Phill were clear over in Settle no flooding but they had a bit over near where my son lives in Hebden bridge ,all clear now though.

Glad to hear it. Stay safe