Topic: SPRING; MOTHER OF NATURE

Spring is birth. when ice becomes water.
And barren soil becomes fertile
Seeds become plants
And trees will bloom
Blossom greets our eyes with colour once lost
Birds return to bring extra colour to the skies
Gardeners mow and turn their soil
And life begins again.

Summer, oh, those balmy days
Brighter, more colourful clothes
Gone are the coats and thick woolen jumpers
The fields and trees are full of glory
Rabbits, hares and squirrels play
And once again the happy sound of collecting bees.

Autumn, oh Autumn, begins hot and ends cool
Leafy glades become strewn with brown, fallen leaves
Once glorious green canopied trees are now shedding their bounty
Apples, pears, cherries and more
The gardener harvests his crops
And prepares the land for the time to come.

Winter; Where there is birth and youth then maturity
There follows demise, death and decomposition
Cold brings ice and snow. Freezing fog and disruption
How we envy those in warmer climes
Christmas comes and goes, alas
Easter brings us hope
Is there a light, a pinprick of light, distant in the darkness?

Spring. Again life begins anew 

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: SPRING; MOTHER OF NATURE

Phill
That is fantastic- I love it

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks Jim, it's cold grey winter here and I'm dreaming of the warmer months.     

This poem is as good as they come and nothing was left out. Enjoyed it lots and wants our winter gone and spring to get here. Our winter and snow is just starting. I have blown leaves and have it to do one more time over the weekend.     

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Phill
i rarely post nowadays because of lack of conversation,but i have been moved to make a comment
on your poem,it`s a bit of magic,the best piece of writing i`ve read anywhere in some time.
congratulations     

The King Of Audio Torture

Hi C.G. thanks for your comments. Luckily where I live we get very little snow, but when we do it cripples the whole country we're just not geared up for it. We had a big fall I think in 1963 and I was off school for two weeks, can't fault that. Obviously we've had a few since but that was my favourite. Good luck with the leaves, they get just everywhere don't they?     

Thanks Brian. It comes from the heart. Winter to me is nature's death. Spring is nature being reborn. If only little poems like this could change people's attitude towards plastic, litter and it's effect on nature and global warming... I'd die happy, but not yet, please!     

8 (edited by Peatle Jville 2019-12-06 22:17:28)

A magic peice of writing Phill you created with words striking images of the changes of seasons on the land in your part of the world. The bees and other animals plus the way plants and trees in mother nature change with differant seasons. While we have summer around Christmas and New Year in New Zealand people originally from your part of the world that live here experience a  bit of homesickness thinking about the images of snow back in their homeland. What would have been a nuisance snow and blocked roads when trying to travel becomes a romantic memory. Also in photos and paintings plus Christmas cards, snow looks beautiful. The importance of protecting nature is described in an old  Maori proverb ‘Te toto o te tangata, he kai; te oranga o te tangata, he whenua’ (while food provides the blood in our veins, our health is drawn from the land).

Thanks Peatle, I wrote this in your style, I was hoping you'd comment and not feel like I'd copied your style too much. I love the snow too, on TV or Christmas cards.lol     

10 (edited by Peatle Jville 2019-12-07 23:18:52)

Cheers Phill thank you for your kind thoughts and also for reawakening  my sense of awe and wonder of mother nature when reading your poem. I blame Bing Crosby singing White Christmas on the radio here for making snow at this time of year a romantic thought. My family and some of my friends like to sing it as a sing along every Christmas. Many of our young ones  have never been in snow and have only seen it on the mountains in the distance.     Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.