1 (edited by Camry2014! 2019-12-24 11:50:36)

Topic: I'm geared up for performing with a new band

This is my first post so just let me say that I am looking forward to ideas & perspectives. I retired from performing in 2010 after many years, we had a pretty successful 15 year run in my previous band, We wrote & arranged everything. we were a 6 piece. I was tiring of our Americana tunes. They did just fine without me.
Now a younger group of seriously talented guys (bass, drums & another guitar player) have pulled me off of the couch. We played a bit at the drummer"s place. He has Amps, Guitars ect. & we hit a groove pretty quick. I'm stoked to be playing again. BTW no egos & super cool dudes., We are going to write & arrange & throw some covers in because we have no fan  base yet. That is why I am on this site. gonna cherry pick a few that I always loved playing but were out of our genre. I'm going to stretch out & learn from these younger guys. Sooooooo much mind blowing young talent out there.  I love playing with old pros but I always learn more playing with the younger musicians. I am 63 years old but still in great health & actually think that I've been writing better the past few years just recording on Ableton Live 10. It's a kick in the ass!! Amazing what you can do with the plugins.
Thank you for letting an excited Geezer go on a rant

There's only two kinds of music. Good music & the other kind. It's not a competition. It;s art so be kind & helpful to one another. Otherwise most of us old GEEZERS will have to do that for you. Then they have to put up with the endless stories over and over & hear all about our medical crap so SAVE THEM!

Re: I'm geared up for performing with a new band

Sounds awesome.

I'm playing bass in a band the past few months for the first time in 14 years and it's been a hoot.

I wish you well.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Welcome Camry to Chordie great to have you on here adding your insights.     

Hi Camry, welcome and rant as much as you like as long as you keep it clean! I've been solo for around 30 years after playing lead, bass and vocals in bands before that. I'd love to step into a band again but no youngsters are gonna sign up a 68 year old?
Good luck and let us know how you get on     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.