1 (edited by Classical Guitar 2020-02-23 11:50:32)

Topic: Interesting Topic

Taylor Swift was named after James Taylor.   

Do any of you know of some one who was named for some one else?

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Re: Interesting Topic

John Lennon's middle name is Winston after the ex PM, but everybody knows that....right?

His son Julian was named after John's mother... Julia.

My father's name was Llewellyn, but no one could pronounce it so they called me Phillip!     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

My son was named after John Coltrane, but the little fella isn’t famous.  Yet.     

you guys crack me up !

There about a million Dylans out there - must have thought a lot of the great poet Dylan Thomas! smile     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK wrote:

you guys crack me up !

There about a million Dylans out there - must have thought a lot of the great poet Dylan Thomas! smile

Bob Dylan, named himself after the bard     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

One of my professors was named Miles Davis. It seems his father was a studio musician who had worked with THE Miles Davis and considered him a good man as well as a good musician. It must have worked, because the Dr. Davis I know is an exceptional individual who has spent most of his adult life building up the character and education of others.     

And my sister Aleta is named after Queen Aleta in the Prince Valiant comic strip.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude