Topic: Thank You, Pete.......

......... for the very nice e-mail you recently sent.

Yes, I have just recovered from Prostate Cancer and have been declared "cancer - free" by my oncologist. I haven't mentioned it here, because --- well ---- because with all of our recent bad luck, I didn't want to be a "Sad Sack" or have you all think, "Oh no! HIM again!"

The whole story is on the blog, as is the news regarding our great-grandson Christopher. I haven't been around lately, so I don't want to add anything else here nor do I blame you for not wanting to read the blog.  Just know that Dondra and I are looking after each other, are doting on our new addition to the family and that I hope to return at some future time. I have not picked up a guitar in months and haven't written anything - so nothing to share except this message.

Thanks

Bill 

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Thank You, Pete.......

Bill and Dondra

That is awesome news !!!
So happy for you both !!!!

Hope you can return more often on chordie - but with Christopher added to the mix,
I wouldn't blame you one bit for spending every free second you have with him when possible!

Congratulations

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Hi Bill, happy new year to you three. To say we've missed you would be an understatement! Firstly, I'm sorry to hear of your fight with the big C, on top of all your other problems. But on a better note, maybe top "C"? Congratulations on beating the beast and not forgetting your new addition, Christopher; may be live long and prosper as is my wish for you and the lovely Dondra.
Looking forward to photos and many new posts from you my friend... Ann also extends her congratulations and requests you kiss the baby for her?
Congrats also to the parents.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

awesome news!     

Bill I love reading your blog and its wonderful to read your post here on chordie also. I am sure Christopher will grow up to be a good man like you.
Love to you and Dondra and the rest of your family.
Pete     

The kids got into a habit of not coming to the table when they were called. Or they'd get to the table and hadn't washed their hands.  Or they'd delay and wouldn't help set the table and get waters for everyone. So I bought my wife a school-marm's style cast iron bell. It's in a specially designed hanger over the kitchen sink. When we have called a couple times and they don't come, I ring that bell.  It's extremely loud. It hurts my ears to ring it, and I am hard of hearing to start with. It's very, very loud. And it rings and rings after the clapper has done it's job. I wish I could get that kind of sustain from my guitars and basses. 

The moral of the story is this. I'm ringing that bell for Bill being cancer free!!! I just lost a Netizen I've known for going on two decades and even sold him a boat to prostate cancer. It's no small thing, and I'm absolutely delighted that Bill has reacted positively to treatments. 

So...Roger Guppy - would "chuffed" be correctly used in lieu of "absolutely delighted" in the final sentence of the previous paragraph?     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Good news, Bill!! Glad to hear it ...

Cheers

Richard     

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic