Topic: Anxiety

Gidday
Its been a while,i`ve been visiting most days but haven`t posted because know one seems to want to converse.
But in these uncertain times i thought i`d like to share how i came to grips with my anxiety/depression problems.
While this may not be of use to you, this is what works for me.
1. don`t watch too much news keep informed but dont over indulge
2.Do the things you enjoy
3.talk to others about how you feel,you are certainly not alone.
4.dont try to be brave and put on an act.dont drink too much.
5.I find adult colouring in books very very relaxing,great for clearing the mind
6.Listen to heaps of music
7. reading is another great mind escape.
8.This one i cant believe i do it.I originally thought it was for wankers and greenies.
well i was wrong this really works for me.mindfulness/meditation
And boy is it easy, quick and relaxing,an excellent mind clearer.
9.be generous.
i hope this helps you or someone you love
all the best,Brian 

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: Anxiety

Easy, Ill always talk to you my friend!     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Wow! So much advice today. Glad to see you back posting Brian. Where watching too much depressing news is concerned in the UK we've had Brexit, floods an election and now coronavirus. It could get worse; Boris could start making house calls...kill me now!     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

4 (edited by Peatle Jville 2020-03-23 10:43:54)

Good one EB in these uncertain times and with whats on the news people do become anxious. Even though with our country now on lockdown I am sure it will all  eventually work out for good of all our people here, To all our Chordie friends I wish you  all good heath.

easybeat wrote:

Gidday
Its been a while,i`ve been visiting most days but haven`t posted because know one seems to want to converse.
But in these uncertain times i thought i`d like to share how i came to grips with my anxiety/depression problems.
While this may not be of use to you, this is what works for me.
1. don`t watch too much news keep informed but dont over indulge
2.Do the things you enjoy
3.talk to others about how you feel,you are certainly not alone.
4.dont try to be brave and put on an act.dont drink too much.
5.I find adult colouring in books very very relaxing,great for clearing the mind
6.Listen to heaps of music
7. reading is another great mind escape.
8.This one i cant believe i do it.I originally thought it was for wankers and greenies.
well i was wrong this really works for me.mindfulness/meditation
And boy is it easy, quick and relaxing,an excellent mind clearer.
9.be generous.
i hope this helps you or someone you love
all the best,Brian

I asked a couple different doctors for medical assistance as I slipped further and further into depression and anxiety. Both said to lose weight and sleep more. Clearly, neither of those docs knew whether the chicken or the egg came first.

I searched for an herbal over the counter substance, and found a compound that works for me. Then I considered meditation and asked a friend who meditates (for anxiety) about it. He knows I am a Christian, so he recommended that I pray an ancient prayer and meditate upon its meaning. The prayer is "Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner." I immediately began to feel relief.

It took about a year, but I'm drinking MUCH less alcohol, I'm not gaining weight and may be losing some, I am beginning to have interest in my hobbies and physical work again, and I'm MUCH less moody. So I guess it's working.     

I'm glad that you are seeing improvement in your outlook too, Easybeat. Given my experience, I'd say that everything you said as a method to help is right.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Brian

Solid advice !!

These certainly are the times that try our souls as Thomas Paine wrote back in 1776.

I am thankful that we have the ability to share concerns here on chordie and get some relief in a variety of ways.

I too try to always respond to posts here on chordie. 

Keep positive, and stay healthy. Hopefully we can all write a song in few months about all of this and say  " phew - we made it through that "

best wishes Brian and all my chordie pals and gals.

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke