Topic: Jessica

I had the urge to cover this song for quite a while Jessica is one of my favorites and I 1st recorded the drums on my Alesis SR16 so I could put down the rhythm track next the bass track and lastly the lead guitar track what I didn't know at the time was after I filmed myself playing to the mixed recording I could have save tons of time by just running a mini jack out of the recorder into the Sony music cam instead I laboriously spent 3 hours tying to sync the separate audio and video in my video program "oh well live and learn" I did not play this note for note no fun in that hope you enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gil0eHbjA_8 

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Jessica

That came out good Russell.     

Thank you! I learned a very important lesson on recording and videos from this smile

Peatle Jville wrote:

That came out good Russell.

Fantastic Russell !  Jessica was also a favorite of mine - except you can play it and I can't !  smile It brought back some great college days memories.
VERY NICE recording studio as well!     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks for leaving a comment on my page and I am toying with the idea of doing several David Bowie songs one in particular is the song from Magnificent Basterds smile easy chord structure smile

TIGLJK wrote:

Fantastic Russell !  Jessica was also a favorite of mine - except you can play it and I can't !  smile It brought back some great college days memories.
VERY NICE recording studio as well!

man I love that friggin song. You have brass cojones to even try it my friend! Good job.     

Thank you! I just had to try it I love that song too and I had another motive one of the guitar players where I live likes to needle me and this is his favorite song so it was a challenge and a way to stick it to him he is a very talented musician but all his leads must be note for note (boring) so that is his reason for not covering this song so I felt this was a "gottcha moment" smile (he has not commented on it so I know it worked)  lol 

Baldguitardude wrote:

man I love that friggin song. You have brass cojones to even try it my friend! Good job.

Here's my favorite version. https://youtu.be/T_tbc8D_yfQ?t=21     

Baldguitardude wrote:

Here's my favorite version. https://youtu.be/T_tbc8D_yfQ?t=21

Most excellent! having a whole band and a very talented musican to feed off of is priceless and I can say from experience  and concerts I did before large festival audiences it is a whole different mindset then just jamming by yourself when it comes to the creative juices flowing and the excitement of being alive at that moment in time. My next project is in the works I am doing "Winds of Change" by the Scorpions, I already have the keyboard parts worked out and the vocal is in my range just need to nail down the lead solo and I will do a video Then on to David Bowies "Putting out the fire" from the movie Magnificent Basterds (this song is a lot easier) at least it will keep me busy with something I really enjoy doing stay safe smile     

Boys,

This is another great one from the AB's    Greg Alman wrote it before they were a band.
I remember listening to this on soccer road trips in my college days. 
Great stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwbowi-8Yoo     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke