Topic: fun for me and jeb

something of a fun track, it's a pastiche of hillbilly songs

https://soundcloud.com/iphillfine/fun-for-me-and-jeb 

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: fun for me and jeb

Phill,
This is awesome - did you write it as well?   
I can only imagine you doing a rendition with your grandkids singing along !   Fantastic stuff my friend!

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

thanks Jim. yes way back in 2008. my inspiration must have been somewhere between the Beverly hill billies and "I wont go hunting with you Jake, but I'll go chasing women" don't recall the title or who sang it... it's just a bit of fun.     

Really like this one Phill, it even got me stamping my feet on the ground. smile

Roger     

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Phill that is a great party song and I love the washboard sound.     

hope you didn't damage the floor of your caravan Rog?     

thanks Pete.
i recorded it back in 2008 and the only part of the process i remember was slapping my hands on my knees during the solo bit     

Brilliant lyrics. I nearly choked on, my pants don't reach down to my feet and my armpits don't smell all that sweet. I just love it.     

Thick as two short planks

Thanks for the listen and great comments. Apparently I can be funny on occasion though my family don't think so, they rarely listen to my songs anyway. My jokes just make them groan, that's fine cos that makes me laugh!!!     

As I sit outside in the small hours of the morning on a warm summer night, listening to this song over and over till it's now stuck in my head. Phil I have to say that even by your excellent standards of writing and recording in my humble opinion this has to be the best.     

Thick as two short planks