Topic: forgotten songs?

my usual modus operandi is; i write a song. i record the song. i stick it on a CD. i forget it till i play that CD maybe 10 years later. BTW, i never learn the words!

today, in the shower, a song i wrote 10 to 15 years ago came into my mind and to my amazement i remembered the words, chords and arrangement! i'm now debating whether to make an updated recording as the original was on 4 track and i now have 24 tracks to play with? 

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: forgotten songs?

It came to you for a reason. do it, maybe it wants updated?     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Phill
It is divine intervention !!  GO FOR IT !!

Can't wait to hear it !
JIm     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Phill three words came into my mind reading your post GO FOR IT. Now you have twenty four tracks to play with you have a big musical canvas to play with.  I agree with all that Jim and Beamer said.     

I can only repeat what the other guys have said "GO FOR IT" lol

Roger     

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Here's a little factoid; two years ago my wife and daughter in law decided that my studio needed a make over. So my desk and filing cabinet got chucked out into my garden shed, much to my dismay! The filing cabinet contained hundreds of songs ranging from the mid 60s, yeh ok most won't be missed but there are a few I consider good, Roger you'll remember "the China doll"? Etc.

At the moment the weather is quite inclement so venturing out requires a deal of courage and time to sift through all that paperwork but I will get around to it and see how it works out.

Thanks for all the encouragement.     

You don't mean this by any chance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoMLuLR6efQ

Love this song,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I think that proves my point, it's "The Broken Doll" not "China Doll". Every time I think of that song I actually think of our friend Old Doll, who inspired the song in the first place.
Your rendition still mists me up, you did a great job with the recording and the video.

Thank you Roger.     

Roger I love the way you did Phills song your piano is the perfect backing for your voice.