Topic: Psychic Tealeaf

Inside this short poem is a few stories connected to my life observation and experiences on the outside it might seem a bit weird but actually it is an observation if you know the background story behind it  all. This poem is all about out there in the Universe we have billions of different things happening and when something like Covid happens we have to reset how we live and do things. At times like these it will depend on the powers to be and what options they take because there are millions of different ways they could go. Some people cope by going to psychics or things like that trying to figure out what the future holds.  Years back my fathers mother and his father sister reckon they could read tealeaf’s in the bottom of a cup of tea to know about the future in same way some people go to astrologers. My mother side of the family saw things differently to dads side, me I stayed out of those arguments. I just take life day by day and look for the  positives rather than the negatives. A friend of mine said to me the other day it finally occurred to him on turning 70 he didn’t need to work sixty to seventy hours a week anymore  and all its done for him was make him so tired that he had stopped  seeing the magic of life and nature. So that is what that line in my poem , “their so tired worn out they can’t find magic anymore,” is all about. Everyone has a different way about how we face the future I am observing rather than knocking or pushing anyone’s beliefs. Here is an attachment of me doing this poem with my guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD5kYxMIWRk

Psychic Tealeaf

Their looking at tealeaf’s in a bottom of a cup.

Instead of dealing with things that come their way.

They go to a psychic because they think the psychic knows the future.

They worry about burn out while burning the candle at both ends.

As they huff and puff their way through life.

Sometimes we ask what is the best way to do something.

Instead of asking why are we doing it at all.

Yes why are we doing it at all.

Their so tired worn out they can’t find magic anymore.

People talking about how we have  lost our normality.

Maybe normality was the problem.

As worry throttles their confidence and starts chocking their spirit and perspective on life.

They should be looking at the universe which is full of possibilities.

Look at the sky the moon and stars at night.

They are but just mere droplets in the vast ocean of the universe.

Yes why are they looking at tealeaf’s in the bottom of a cup hoping to find a way.

Well their looking at tealeaf’s at the bottom of a tea cup.

Hoping to show them the way.

Gone to see a psychic hoping to hear about what’s going to happen on another day. 

Re: Psychic Tealeaf

Good stuff Peatle !     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

yes another fine observation. Ann and i went through a stage of going to clairvoyants mainly for entertainment value. it's funny because you're told this stuff and then try to fit it into things that have happened or are happening, like buying a pair of slippers 2 sizes to big hoping you'll grow into them?

well done Pete     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

4 (edited by Peatle Jville 2020-09-03 10:07:00)

Jim thank you glad my rambling made some sort of sense.

Phill  cheers a friend of mine who was around 80 years old went to a psychic for a bit of fun and out of curiosity as his daughter was into those sort of things. The consultation wasn't cheap he told me but in a strange way he enjoyed playing along with it while giving the psychic some false info about himself..  To his amusement the medium had a message from his dead mother for him. After the visit he thought he better pop around and see his nearly 100  year old Mum just  to make sure she hadn't  passed away.  A neighbour said to me the other day, "  it is times like these I need a crystal ball that works." With so much unknown about the future at the moment in the world I guess there will be a lot of people feeling that way.

That story about the dead Mum - is hysterical Peatle !!     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I received a call from Miss Cleo awhile back, she is a medium who advertised psychic readings on TV.  told me I had won two fee readings from Miss Cleo and what did I think about that? my answer was if she was so psychic then  she would have known better than to dial my number and hung up on her

nice poem to Peatle     

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Cheers Mojo I often wonder if the Miss Cleo's of this world are so good why don't they make big money predicting the future on the share market or finding that hidden treasure of someone that had died. In murder cases if they were that good they could solve the mystery of who done it.
I was wondering if anyone picked up on the rhyming slang meaning of tealeaf ( thief) in the title of my poem?     

I had but didn't want to deviate from the plot!     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I didn't catch that Peatle - very clever however !     

Cheers guys thank you for your feedback it is good to hear other people's outlook on things and also your stories about life.