Tomorrow, Today, & Yesterday
9/22/2020

In this world today,
to reach out and say hello or hey,
It’s so much easier and taken for granted
As just another day.

Do you remember back in the day?
You waited with excitement
To share that smile and have so much to say?
With this new world I sometimes lament.

To meet that new friend,
To form a bond.
It took work and was cherished
And it carried to the beyond.

Yet, I think of all the connections
I have made with the new technology
The things I have learned, good and bad
I smile because,
I have friends I would have never had.

The ability to form that bond
The one that goes beyond.
That causes one to reach out
When they feel you need that shout.

Do you think of tomorrow today?
You wait in delight, next week should be Skype.
To share some time and not feel sad.
I smile
I have friends I would have never had.

Yes I have friends I would have never had. 

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Tomorrow, Today, & Yesterday

Beamer that is a good poem about how instantly we can connect today. When I was around ten years old I remember our class teacher at school through a pen pal club got us to write letters about ourselves.  Armed with his Brownie box camera he took some photos which got sent with our letters in a parcel by post to a school over in California. Eventually after weeks   a much-anticipated parcel with letters and photos arrived to our school from them. We were real excited where is nowadays kids can do that in minutes with modern tech the only barrier being different time zones.     

Deep contemplation there master Beamer! The internet is good and bad, thrilling and exciting yet dangerous and decietful! Especially for kids. And grown ups too, how many times have they tried to scam you? Just check out how much spam we get here.
Your words fall together nicely. Well done.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thank  you guys.  This poem was insp[ired by a member here who reached out to me privately after my WOT post.  It made me stop and realize how through this site, and the dating aps, and even FB how real and solid a " Virturral Friend" can become.

I have not physically met you or Peatle, but it would be just like meeting Zurf And TopDown (Jeff) for the first time face to face.  Big kid grins and bear hugs.     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)