Topic: anniversary

I've just realised this year is my 50th anniversary for buying my first guitar! It cost £5 and I paid weekly at 5 shillings a week. I don't know what happened to it and to be honest I don't care as it was rubbish. It took me another 2 years to buy my next one which was slightly better and yet another 2 years before I got my first electric, a Zenta which was a waste of wood. I now have 8 guitars which are good yet not very expensive, I couldn't afford a Taylor even if Ann would let me have one. Or one of those new Fender Stratacoustics, which I'd love, but hey ho cant be greedy? 

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

2 (edited by TIGLJK 2020-09-29 22:58:09)

Re: anniversary

and here I thought this was going to be about celebrating PHILL and ANN !  smile

Phill
I believe you can make any guitar sound great, much the same way Ann always makes you look good !  wink  smile

I remember my first guitar was a Cherry red Sqier Stratocaster.  It played good - I gave it to my neice a few years ago

Congrats on the 50th Phill

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Hey Phill
what 8 guitars do you have?     

The King Of Audio Torture

Phill it is 62 years since I got my first (a 4 string plastic 'Elvis Presley' marked one), sadly it was broken years ago but I wish I still had it. Like you I now have 8, six here in Portugal and two in the UK, none are particularly expensive (not like my pal who has a €16,000 and a €10,000 Martin) but all mine play well and I also have 6 ukuleles.

Christmas 1958 my brother and I with our  guitars: lol

https://live.staticflickr.com/4322/36257127095_95f0f848ff.jpg

Roger     

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hey Roger, that pic reminds me of that film clip of Jimmy Page playing skiffle back in the 50's.
It also brought back my memory of spending all my pocket money trying to win a Beatles plastic guitar in1963 at the Aberafon fun fair. I didn't of course. Come to think of it, it could have been Porth Cawl?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I've got a  Roy Rogers guitar from 1950's
I will try to take a picture of it today and post it.

Yaki Dar  to your anniversary Phill     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

dont remember the exact year 1980ish bough a "Ensenada" i believe was the name on it $30 pawn shop buy. i know what happened to it , a few year later when i bought a Takamine I delved into guitar mechanicing  . didnt know what a luthier was at the time. Think i still have the tuners laying around  some where, about all that survived the   surgery.
taking a guitar census 2 Taylors, a mini martin, my old jasmine Takamine, my first electric  and old Bill Lawrence . and lastly some where between Texas and Malabo a Alvarez  that got left behind at work when i evacuated for the virus.     

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Congratulations Phill on your Afa (half) century of guitar playing. I love hearing your style of playing every time i have heard it and also your singing. Recently it has been a privilege to have been able to collaborate with you on a couple of songs.