Topic: Eddie Van Halen

One of rock 'n' roll's singular and most gifted guitarists, Eddie Van Halen, has died. He was 65 and he died from cancer. 

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Re: Eddie Van Halen

A total shame   RIP EVH     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

just heard the news. shocker! such a sad loss, is there anyone to fill the void he leaves behind? RIP     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

just heard the news. shocker! such a sad loss, is there anyone to fill the void he leaves behind? RIP

He was an original who defined a form of rock for a generation and no one plays like he did.

That said, there's lots and lots of talented guitarists out there to carry on. If you can get along with Country music, you'd have a real challenge to find a picker who's faster and more creative than Brad Paisley. He's definitely raised the stakes for Country pickers. And then there's Molly Tuttle. Holy smokes. Her flatpicking is astounding.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

5 (edited by beamer 2020-10-08 20:35:44)

I spent the day listening to BEST OF BOTH WORLDS  CD on amazon. both dave and Sammy material.   I posted AND THE CRADEL WILL ROCK on my FB page. 
A: Its got a amazingly great and underrated solo.
B: It is the album (Women and Children first) toure I saw Live as a 13yr old! 

"HAVE YOU SEEN JR's GRADES?" SO COOL!     

ALSO THE MAIN RIFF IS NOT A GUITAR.  IT'S THE FIRST APPEARANCE OF A KEYBOARD ON A VANHALEN RECORD.  Its just pumped through a few MARSHAL STACKS!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)