Topic: What's your current go to guitar

Wondering  what    your current   go to  guitar  is  ?I  tend  to  chop  and  change   which  I  use . Currently    its  my  Larivee  C5 when I'm down stairs  or my  Yamaha  guitalele   upstairs .In  the  loft  there's  too  much  choice . 

Re: What's your current go to guitar

For me it's my Yamaha APX, unless I play oasis or Elvis then it has to be my EJ200 Epiphone.     

My Taylor 224ce-K DLX Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar 

I used to play my Martin all the time. but this is by far the best of my guitars.     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Taylor 510, when i plug in on occasion its the Taylor  TZ5     

out of tune out of key and out of touch

For practice or recording I use my Crafter for two reasons it has flat sides so it won't slip off my lap and it has a great acoustic sound when recording with the internal pick up.
My Tanglewood has a curved body so it does slip off my lap! But the neck fits my hand perfectly and sounds great unamplified, not so great useing the internal pick up. Swings and roundabouts.
For live or recording something raunchier it has to be my Fender Telecaster, the Strat for the more country sound.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I just got a Breedlove parlor guitar. It’s my go to for when I’m downstairs.  When I’m upstairs it’s my old 1952 guild, which is the first guitar bought for me as a gift back when I was 5-6 years old.  Still sounds great.     

Baldguitardude wrote:

I just got a Breedlove parlor guitar. It’s my go to for when I’m downstairs.  When I’m upstairs it’s my old 1952 guild, which is the first guitar bought for me as a gift back when I was 5-6 years old.  Still sounds great.

I'm so jealous, I'd love one of those. played one way back in the late 60's it only had 3 or 4 strings but it sounded and felt great in my hands.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

2007 Martin DC-1E. It's been my go-to for 5 years now.

When I want a little more sound I'll pull out the 1982 Alvarez 12 string.     

9 (edited by beamer 2020-10-19 14:57:03)

Right now my Go to is My DEAN BOCA semi hollow electric with humbucker size P 90s, next is my Squire Tele with P 90s (humbucker size).  Acoustic, my TAK A/E.
If im not wanting P90s its my Tradition Les Paul or Gibson Explorer.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Epiphone Dove. As you may already know. I have a fairly good selection, Lol     

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

jjj

lol

AND EVERYONE A 2ND COUSIN TO A BREAD MACHINE !

GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU MY FRIEND

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

BGD forced me to buy a The Loar LH300-VT off of Reverb. It's my first semi-hollow body and my first arch top. I've been playing it more than any other when I'm in my office. When I travel, I take the Ohio Valley 000 sized flat top I bought from Dirty Ed at a backyard jam at Mekidsmom's place.

For basses, my preferred bass in my office is my Ovation Magnum 3, but the only one I play on stage is a custom guitar I got from TopDawgz. He let me have it for next to nothing because it didn't make noise. Well. It made zappy crackly noises, but not the boom-boom kinds of noises that basses are supposed to make. The only thing that's left of the guitar he sold me is the body, and I've even modified it to adjust the neck angle. Everything else has been replaced. I play it on stage because it was custom built to eliminate noise on that one stage where I'm occasionally welcome to play. It is lit with LED lights and there's decorative lights all over each with their own transformer. And the electric isn't balanced. And the bass amp doesn't have a power conditioner on it. So...lots of noise with any other bass I own. I guess it's a Zurf P-bass, Model One.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

BGD forced me to buy a The Loar LH300-VT off of Reverb.

Is this a thank you for the arm twisting? Sounds like a thank you. I'll take it.     

Baldguitardude wrote:
Zurf wrote:

BGD forced me to buy a The Loar LH300-VT off of Reverb.

Is this a thank you for the arm twisting? Sounds like a thank you. I'll take it.

It's a thank you. Giving you credit.     

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Currently a Guild P-240. I love it.     

Like most of you I have different "go-to" guitars for different situations. My Martin 000-16SRGT is what I usually play when I'm performing somewhere. The last time I played was on March 1 when I played a gig at a local winery. The next week the COVID-19 pandemic hit and my wife and I went into the "social distancing" mode and for some reason I lost interest in playing. For 7 months I never picked up any of my guitars or strummed a single chord. Then three weeks ago I stopped by my local music store. The owner had changed the store location and I wanted to see his new shop. A Teton parlor that was hanging on the wall caught my eye (STP180NT, 12-fret, slot-head, ebony body with sitka top). I picked it up, strummed it a few times and the sound was as appealing to my ears as its looks was to my eyes. I brought it home and have been playing it at least two hours a day for the last three weeks. I've even got the callouses back on my fingertips.  It is now become my "go-to" for at-home playing/song writing.     

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

DE   That is a great story and great recovery !!

I was trying to look at it on line but all i get is the 18 fret version.

Looks beautiful just the same !!

Congrats and welcome back - great to hear from you

Jim     

TIGLJK wrote:

Jim

Thanks Jim. If you counted 18 frets then that's the right guitar - 12 frets from the headstock to the body, 18 frets total. (vs a 14 fret guitar which has 14 frets to the body and 20 or 22 frets total.)     

Dirty Ed wrote:
TIGLJK wrote:

Jim

Thanks Jim. If you counted 18 frets then that's the right guitar - 12 frets from the headstock to the body, 18 frets total. (vs a 14 fret guitar which has 14 frets to the body and 20 or 22 frets total.)

KEN!  as said, WELCOME BACK! I missed ya big guy!  Occasionally i pull up my footage from Fl to hear ya sing and have a feel good evening.  Look fwd to seeing more from you and congrats on the NGD.  and very happy to hear that you are playing again. i know exactly whatyou meean abou tnot playing.  Covid killed my band . its money not wasted, (my PA) but not being utilized as I had hoped.  On the bright side, my son who plays drums, now is in a band (use that term loosly)  and jams with two other guys. So at least the equipment is being used.     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Thanks Scotty.  "Covid Killed my Band" sounds like the title of a song you should write smile     

Dirty Ed wrote:

Thanks Scotty.  "Covid Killed my Band" sounds like the title of a song you should write smile

GOOD IDEA! Being Halloween weekend, I may just have a creepy 19 song!  ill have to think about it. in the mean time check out my few new songs and poem posted.
and, as per norm, dont try to find a rhyme pattern just know its punk and some phrases get strung out  rhyme within themselves.     

beamer wrote:

, dont try to find a rhyme pattern just know its punk and some phrases get strung out  rhyme within themselves.

Beamer cutting me off before I start... LOL!     

Fender Eliet Stratocaster the only guitar that gives my Les Paul a run for the money     

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Seagull S6+ Cedar GT