Topic: Purely Love You And I

Here is a song I wrote for Maree in a style she likes not my usual thing. It was good to give the Ivories a bit of a tickle on his one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQfzGg3EaPg 

Re: Purely Love You And I

Peatle

Sweet Song for Maree !! Nice playing and singing Peatle !!  I did not know you played keyboard!
or is it KiwiBoard down there ? smile

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

3 (edited by Peatle Jville 2020-11-08 06:52:01)

Cheers Jim in the old days playing the keys down here was called tickling the Ivories. Now days I hear the kids talk about bashing the keys when playing the keyboard. The old pianos here were also known as Joanna's. Which came from the Cockney rhyming slang  for piano. Old Joanna. or  some would say Aunt Joanna. .

there's a song with the line " I don't feel like dancing when the old joanna plays..." scissor sisters i believe, great song. i enjoyed your love song too. when i play piano it's called torturing the ivories...?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Cheers Phill I wrote the song for Maree’s birthday in a style she likes. For some strange reason my thoughts while writing this reply have segued over to thinking about the PG Tips tea commercial years ago with the chimpanzees carrying a piano down some stairs. It used to give me a chuckle the banter between the son and father.

Son yells to his dad “”Dad do you know the pianos on my foot”? His Dad replies, ”No son but you hum it and ill play it”

I have just said those two last lines out loud as Maree walked past me. She is now looking at me in a way that makes me think she now knows I have gone completely bonkers in my old age.     

Be as bonkers as you like....it certainly brought a smile and a giggle from me...ah memories, I remember the chimps well.

Would you also wish the lovely Maree a happy birthday from Ann and me. Penblwydd hapys cariad.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Just watched that commercial  - hilarious !     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

8 (edited by Peatle Jville 2020-11-10 09:28:43)

Lechyd da to you and your family Phill and  diolch yn fawr iawn from Maree for yours and Ann’s birthday greetings.

Cheers Jim PG Tips put out some good funny adverts with those Chimps.