1 (edited by Grah1 2020-11-18 20:51:17)

Topic: Sin city revisited again with electricity

Another  version    but  noisier

https://soundcloud.com/graham-windle/sin-city-revisited

Re: Sin city revisited again with electricity

Hi Grah.

great backing track, my friend...but knowing you the words are the important component? Unfortunately they are buried under the rhythm guitar. I'd like to hear your vocal and the lead track brought forward if possible?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

3 (edited by Grah1 2020-11-18 21:52:47)

Thanks  Phill for  the  feed back .
There's  an  acoustic   version on the   forum  Phil with  clearer  vocals  .I'm just  playing  with  a  fostex  desk  at  the  moment    so  once  I  get  it  figured  I  should  be  able  to    clean  it  up  a  bit  .Its  basically  a  demo   for  the  rhythm  and  bass for  a  friend  to  listen to  the  groove . I'll  try  and  lift  the  vocal    over  the  next  day  or  so .

4 (edited by Grah1 2020-11-18 20:55:10)

I've  lifted  the  vocal  as  much  as  I  can now as its   recorded basically  as  a live  take  so  all  I  could  do  was  lift  the  400hz  a  bit .
https://soundcloud.com/graham-windle/sin-city-revisited

Yeah, nice one, the vocals and lead guitar are coming through much clearer now and I agree wholeheartedly with your tee shirt, can you get Churchill on there as well?     

just listened to your acoustic version, enjoyed. i caught the Corbin reference, we do differ on that one where we normally agree. a bit more serious than your normal stuff. i don't know how i missed this one as i normally get notifications on my mobile. keep rocking my friend.     

7 (edited by Grah1 2020-11-18 21:30:52)

Once I  get  through  the  fostex  manual  which   is  like  war  and  peace   I  can    run  individual  tracks  into  the  hard  drive   but  at  the moment  its  all    going  into  one   so  I've  to   take  my  best  guess  at it      I'll  probably    have  another  crack  tomorrow    I  did    Simple  man  the  other  day  on another  thread  but    I used  a  head   set  mic   for  the  vocal  and  it     has  quite  a  high  output I  swapped  back  to  my  sm58 for  this   but  obviously  didn't  have  enough  gain  on  it . Its  been  a  while  and  I'm not  as  young  as  I  used to  be ,Can you  speak up  a  bit ? LOL

Grah got me foot taping and I felt like doing a bit old style  rocking to that one.