Topic: ???help???

hey i am looking for an electronic guitar but i am not very good i will just play at home i like blues-rock n roll-rock  i want a fender what do you recommend?

Re: ???help???

budget?

less than $1500

Fenders are a super instrument. I play the fender strat as my main guitar. i would say 'go for it' but it depends how serious you are about playing. if you know you'll keep at it for a good while and want to start with great equipment, get that fender.

if you're not too sure, how about starting with a squier (made by fender). they're a nice learning instrument. If you enjoy it and want to gig, then perhaps that is the time to buy a fender.

1500 huh?

get a fender American Strat and a Fender Blues JR. for your amp

You can get a starter pack it has guitar and amp along with accessories great for beginners. They sell for about 300 or less and fender squires series is one of the guitars avalible with it. you can always upgrade as you get better.

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText"><b>AlternativeOne wrote on Tue, 15 August 2006 07:13</b></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
You can get a starter pack it has guitar and amp along with accessories great for beginners. They sell for about 300 or less and fender squires series is one of the guitars avalible with it. you can always upgrade as you get better.
</td></tr></table>

look at it like this

if he starts out with great equiptment hes gonna be more enthusiastic about playing- thus he will practice more-thus he will get better

if he starts out with a lousy squire or something then he'll be less enthusiastic about playing

buy an washburn idol wi14

Canman wrote:

hey i am looking for an electronic guitar but i am not very good i will just play at home i like blues-rock n roll-rock  i want a fender what do you recommend?

1,With practise you'll get better.

2, Per your buget of $1499.99 (less than $1500.00) does that include an anp or is that alloted just for a guitar.

3, Since you are going to play blues rock and rock & roll what band do you prefer most. (to get an idea of what sound that you are going for).

4, Since you mentioned strats, buy a strat and an amp as suggested by Spaminator. But try a couple of different tube amps to find the sound you like. I am a Fender amp guy and a Blues Jr. is a good amp. But it might not live up to the sound your trying to get.

Now if it were me and had $1500.00 to burn this is what I would do.

Go into a music store pickup a Fender Strat, a Michael Kelly Patriot custom (Les paul type guitar) or a Valor custom (PRS type guitar) both with humbuckers & split coil tapped and look for a 30 watt tube amp. They will tell you that they cant do it but if you change the strat to an MIM (made in Mexico) they might be able to swing it. Tell them no stay with the made in U.S.A. Strat and ask for their manager.  Explain to him that that is what you want and you have X amount of dollars and you need hardshell cases for the guitars can he swing the deal including the taxes. He'll walk away and come back and tell you no he can't "but if". Ask him to reconsider so you don't have to go to XYZ music store and spend your money there. Most of the time they will wheel & deal so that they don't miss out on a chance for commisiom. Stay tough.

Good Luck.
Bootlegger.

spaminator wrote:

<look at it like this

if he starts out with great equiptment hes gonna be more enthusiastic about playing- thus he will practice more-thus he will get better

if he starts out with a lousy squire or something then he'll be less enthusiastic about playing

I agree. I started out with a First Act guitar that the wife got me for my 30th birthday and it killed my enthusiasm. The action was higher than a stock acoustic guitar, the pickups were crappy and picked up every electronic signal except the guitar strings, The intonation was off, It never stayed in tune...

So...I went to the pawn shop and picked up a Yamaha EG-112-CL and I've been playing daily without "instrumental difficulty" ever since.

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

11 (edited by patrickjacques 2007-06-19 12:40:29)

I agree with Detman. There is nothing like a quality instrument to encourage one to practice more and enjoy the process of improving ones skills. When I first started thats what I did. I figured if I invested that much money I was damn sure going to learn how to play. By the way it was a Fender Stratocastor $280.00 big money back then in 1973

what a long strange trip it's been

on amazon.com you can probably find a strat starter kit
(strat, amp, input cord,carrying bag, etc) for $100.

You could go to www.guitarpartsusa.com and get a kit to build your own.

"Nobody paints by ear so why would I play guitar by sight?" hmm