Topic: recording onto CD

Hi all,

at the moment, i'm still in the tape-age - recording my singing and guitar work onto a good old sinple tape.

but what would you recommend for putting it onto CD at an affordable price?

I could either use some sort of portable CD recorder, or something that transfers tapes onto CD

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Re: recording onto CD

hi blind,

I use my computer. I only have a built in sound card but still does the job, but a good sound card would be better.

I use a program called "cakewalk guitar pro 3"

this is a 32 track studio on my computer. After recording your tracks the ycan be saved in the guitar pro3 to mess about wit hlater and also saved as a wav file to be turned into an mp3 later.

The mp3 convertor I had on it ran out of time for the free demo on it and wants me to pay for an upgrade, so instead I downloaded a free mp3 convertor from the net.

Also I have a program called fruit loops version 6. this is a drum machine, or I use it as a drum machine. D.J's use it for mixing sounds etc. but the drum machine part is excellent on it. After you have a drum rythum it can be imported into guitar pro3,

hope this helps.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: recording onto CD

Hi Ken,

thank you very much for your reply. I'll sort out getting that software you recommended and i'll let you know how it goes!

thank you for your time,

blind