1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-01-08 22:23:04)

Topic: Chordie Member Has Won A Semi Final Place In A Worldwide Song Contest

Our man from chordie Brian Meynell AKA Easy  Beat  has now won a semi-finalist  spot in the world wide Roots Tech Contest which is a world wide song contest. Now for him to get to the finals  there is going to be  another evaluation by their panel of judges and a public vote. After that finalists will be notified by email on January 22nd. So please check out the link below and if you can and if you do like his entry more than the others it would be good if you  could give him a vote.

https://rootstechsongcontest.org/so-many-angels/

Re: Chordie Member Has Won A Semi Final Place In A Worldwide Song Contest

Awesome !
Congrats Brian

Just got my vote !!     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Hey Peatle many thanks for that,it`s been a crazy world the last year and me making the semis
just goes to show how crazy.
Im sure the other semis are beautifilly sung,brilliantly played,and probably fantastic production.
mine is just a basic stripped back honest simple song.     

The King Of Audio Torture

"Stripped back honest simple song" is what I like best. You get my vote. I haven't listened to any of the other entries. I noticed there are 356 semi-finalists in the amateur division. As folks around here say: "That's a tough row to hoe". Good luck and best wishes!!     

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Haven't been around for a while, but logged in and voted for you, good luck EB!!!

Cheers

Ricard     

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic

6 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-01-09 06:38:38)

Dirty Ed wrote:

"Stripped back honest simple song" is what I like best. You get my vote. I haven't listened to any of the other entries. I noticed there are 356 semi-finalists in the amateur division. As folks around here say: "That's a tough row to hoe". Good luck and best wishes!!

I am sure that if more people on here give Brian's song a listen and hopefully a vote it will increase his chances against the big number of semifinalist. If anyone can win this I'm sure Brian could but if to win is purely based on just vote numbers then that will make it  very hard as the professionals will have a lot more exposure. Me  I am an optimist and  believe a simple act of voting can make a big difference here if the number of people who read this post take a bit more time to check Brian's entry out and maybe give him their vote.

Well done Brian, you got my vote.

Roger     

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thank you everyone who has supported Brian on here.     

thanks for your support guys,i`m not getting too carried away as these comp things are funny beasts.
but i do want to encourage the rest of you to put your music out in the world,you have nothing to lose.
why would you spend years building a boat and never put it in the water.!
i havent got a musical bone in my body, but somehow manage to muddle a song together.     

The King Of Audio Torture

it took me 20 minutes to find your song but you got my vote too. good luck     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Good luck Easy Beat.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Congratulations Brian. Just voted.. I wish for you the best of luck.     

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!

Good luck bring home 1st smile     

"Growing old is not for sissies"

My vote is in. Good luck! smile     

Thank you everyone for supporting Brian . If your wondering  how the comp works here is a email to Brian outlining the competition and its process of selecting winners.

Dear Brian Meynell,

Congratulations on making it this far!  Public votes are now coming in, so if you haven’t yet, make sure you share the unique link to your song with your friends and family as soon as possible. The public voting period will close on Jan 21.

If you are wondering how the voting works, here are some things to remember:

Can someone vote for my song more than once?
People can vote for as many songs as they like, but are limited to one vote, per song, per device.

How were semi-finalists chosen?
The contest was open to submissions from around the globe, and we were overwhelmed with the response, with over 1500 song submissions. Our initial review committee reviewed every song and looked at many factors in choosing the submissions to move on to the next round. After careful initial review, your’s was among those chosen to move on as a semi-finalist to the public voting period.

Does Production or performance quality affect the outcome of voting?
Not all songwriters are singers or producers! Production and performance quality are secondary to the musicality and message of a song, as well as how well a song fits the theme.

How will finalists be chosen?
Twelve finalists will be chosen and notified on January 22. These selections will be based on both the public voting results and the RootsTech Song Contest judges panel selections based on the best interpretation of the theme. Winners will have 24 hours to accept their position as a finalist. If a finalist does not respond, their position may go to the submission that ranked next in line. In the event of a tie, the judges panel will have the final decision.

How can I vote for the final winners?
Twelve finalists will be chosen and will be eligible for the Grand Prize, Individual Category Winners, and People’s Choice awards. RootsTech Connect virtual attendees from around the globe and an industry expert judges panel will vote on the finalists during the 2021 RootsTech Connect virtual conference February 25-27, 2021. The judging panel will choose the Grand Prize winner, winners from each youth, amateur, and professional categories, and attendees will choose the people’s choice award.

. The RootsTech Song Contest Team     

A song like that, simple and heartfelt, gets you right in the gut. I'm not so sure about the "Etc. So forth" verse...  LOL.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude