Sheets below her chin
I place the cup upon the table
She smells the brew and her eyes flicker open
Mmmm, she smiles... lovely
The wind and rain has given the sun a chance to warm the land
Shall we go walking I ask
Sun is out, washing day
Oh well back to my arm chair and the TV 

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Washing day

I can relate to that one,well written     

The King Of Audio Torture

Hi Brian. As you mentioned in one of our chats, you tend to just write or sing on the fly as they say? I think Pete also does that. So I thought I'd give it a try, just write down the first things that came into my mind. I like to get up early so I can have peace to check my email and Chordie then watch a bit of TV. What an exciting life I have....?     

4 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-01-22 19:49:16)

Phill that is a good poem short and sweet  it flows and is straight to the point.  It is early Saturday morning here in NZ and like you I find the morning is a good time for me when I am the only one up and about. Since we retired Maree doesn't. surface until about nine. Back when I was working she use to be up at about 5 , 30 am.  Though nowadays she quiet often stays up until 2am.  I like to hit  the sack before midnight. I write most of my stuff on the fly and mornings are mostly when I will put it all together things from days before that have caught my attention. Nowadays instead  of writing stuff down with pen and paper when I am out I will quickly record my my  thoughts using the voice recorder on my smart dog and bone (phone).

Pete. I prefer to have a song down on paper  before recording. I begin with an idea which usually means a line or two or a chord sequence, which I then add to for sometimes up to a week before the song is finished. sometimes it's done in a day. I wrote 6 songs this year so far. I usually find that once I nearly finish one song another pops into my head. I'm rarely totally empty headed as far as music is concerned. Yesterday I hit a chord sequence but I couldn't find any words to go with them. It turned into an instrumental which I recorded last night, it's not brilliant but it's OK. I used to be able to make up words while jamming with my band (years ago) I've lost the knack now. But I do like the way you kiwi's can sing, speak or write your thoughts and make sense.