Topic: My life.

The past five years or so I have been scarcely present.

I got a call about five years ago from a government official who had determined that my father (a bit weird of an individual) was no longer capable of seeing after himself. I'm still not convinced that the government official was right, but it was time for me to step in.

Dad survived another three years under my care, and then I had two more years of administration of nonsenses. When he passed, Dad was 86 years old. That's not a bad longevity. He was as comfortable as I could make him in the final years.

Just recently I have sold off the last of his assets. I'm relying on the attorney to resolve things.

Five years not my own. That's 10% of my life - more or less. On the other hand, Dad spent a lot more raising me. So I figure we're square as I wasn't that hard to raise and the government made taking care of him very, very hard.

This past Christmas, my wife bought a book for me to record songs in. Here's hoping I have the mental bandwidth to start writing again. It's been almost ten years since I wrote a song. And then I was stoned on Percocet and couldn't read what I had written and was far too stoned to remember what it might have been. 

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: My life.

That's a very sad story, please accept my sympathy. I had to look up what Percocet was, more sympathy. I'm glad you're now clean? and planning to get back in the saddle as far as writing is concerned.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

3 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-02-17 01:04:06)

Zurf wishing you all the very best for the future now that those tough years have past. Sorry about the pain of your loss and also the rubbish the government system has thrown  at you.

Zurf
looking forward to your songs.     

The King Of Audio Torture

welcome back,  wishing you smooth sailing in the future     

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Zurf
I am so pleased that you are returning to chordie.
Sorry to hear about the past misfortunes you have endured, but I am also excited to see what the future unveils
for your future.
Welcome home !
Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Well Zurf. Might I make a suggestion to help open up and free your mind from past challenges.

OK. I will anyway. big_smile

Zurfapalooza 2021!!!

What better way to break free from the mind block than having a handful of friends over to help unlock that long repressed creativity gene. smile     

You have certainly had your hands full and sorry for the loss of your father but pleased that life is getting back to normal for you. Looking forward to hearing some songs from you.

Roger     

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Phill Williams wrote:

That's a very sad story, please accept my sympathy. I had to look up what Percocet was, more sympathy. I'm glad you're now clean? and planning to get back in the saddle as far as writing is concerned.

The Percocet was prescribed for after surgery care. I had had a surgery on my shoulder which involved carving bones. It's as unpleasant as it sounds. I only used the Percocet for a week, under care of a physician, for an acute situation.     

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

unclejoesband wrote:

Well Zurf. Might I make a suggestion to help open up and free your mind from past challenges.

OK. I will anyway. big_smile

Zurfapalooza 2021!!!

What better way to break free from the mind block than having a handful of friends over to help unlock that long repressed creativity gene. smile

I would be absolutely delighted to make that happen.  My camper has more or less fallen apart since you were there when that widowmaker branch tore the awning off. I am hoping to purchase a new one relatively soon, and then Zurfapalooza sounds like a great way to break it in.     

Zurf wrote:
Phill Williams wrote:

The Percocet was prescribed for after surgery care. I had had a surgery on my shoulder which involved carving bones. It's as unpleasant as it sounds. I only used the Percocet for a week, under care of a physician, for an acute situation.

Zurf, I meant no offense as I wasn't aware of your operation, sounds awful,     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:
Zurf wrote:
Phill Williams wrote:

Zurf, I meant no offense as I wasn't aware of your operation, sounds awful,

No offense taken. Just thought I'd clear up what appeared to be a misconception. All clear.