Topic: it snowing down in Texas all of the telephone lines are down

snow is purty but dang its cold i aint designed for this kind of weather 

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Re: it snowing down in Texas all of the telephone lines are down

Early in the month we got 6" of snow. My snow blower decided to quit working so I had to spend two hours with a shovel. Three days later we got 4" so it was back outside  again for snow shovel duty. Then four days after that we got 3" which required more shoveling.  Woke up this morning and had to clear another 3" of the white stuff.  About an hour ago it started coming down again and another 3"-5" is predicted by morning.  ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!     

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Dirty Ed wrote:

Early in the month we got 6" of snow. My snow blower decided to quit working so I had to spend two hours with a shovel. Three days later we got 4" so it was back outside  again for snow shovel duty. Then four days after that we got 3" which required more shoveling.  Woke up this morning and had to clear another 3" of the white stuff.  About an hour ago it started coming down again and another 3"-5" is predicted by morning.  ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

yeah but you live damn near in Canada thats normal i am talking Texas, its going to be 0 freaking degrees in TEXAS tonight ill repeat that 0 freaking degrees .5 inches of snow last night thats 10 inches in the month of February that 8 inches more than we have had in like 30 years total. cant shovel snow here dont have a snow shovel  i really dont know you function in this crap .   

but on the bright side freezing temps till Friday and be on the golf course Monday cause it will back in the 70,s gotta love Texas weather     

4 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-02-16 04:29:22)

I always thought with my little knowledge that Texas was a hot climate with lots of desert areas. Then the other night on TV here they showed a big motorway crash in Texas with trucks and cars sliding in the ice.  We are having a cold wintery summer here not sure what's    happened to the climate.

Peatle Jville wrote:

I always thought with my little knowledge that Texas was a hot climate with lots of desert areas. Then the other night on TV here they showed a big motorway crash in Texas with trucks and cars sliding in the ice.  We are having a cold wintery summer here not sure what's    happened to the climate.

that accident was caused by black ice on the elevated high ways road ices up on the over passes and you cant see it.
wish i knew how to post a picture its a winter wonder land around here right now     

here in South Wales we don't see much snow but over the last week or so we've had minus temps. I remember it being cold when i was a kid, rivers 200 feet wide freezing up, black ice etc, but i don't remember it being as cold as it is now...so what happened to global warming?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hey Mojo, I'm hoping you make it through this craziness with a sound mind and all your guitars and family members intact.

Dirty Ed - You're a sturdy (though only marginally sane) individual capable of shoveling lots of skyborne weirdness.

Here in Virginia, we've seen rain, ice, snow, sleet, and a variety of precipitation that has wiped out all my patience and all my salt.

Rock on, everyone. Do the necessary.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Phill Williams wrote:

here in South Wales we don't see much snow but over the last week or so we've had minus temps. I remember it being cold when i was a kid, rivers 200 feet wide freezing up, black ice etc, but i don't remember it being as cold as it is now...so what happened to global warming?

i recall in the 70,s it wasnt global warming there was a new ice age coming

goes to show dont believe everything they tell you     

mojo01 wrote:
Phill Williams wrote:

i recall in the 70,s it wasnt global warming there was a new ice age coming

goes to show dont believe everything they tell you

So true     

Mojo

AS the great poker players of Texan lore used to say.........

it's not cheating if you don't get caught.     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

can we change Wichita lineman for Texas lineman?
if it snows that stretch down south wont ever stand the strain. just a line from one of my all time fav songs     

12 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-02-17 22:05:55)

I will attach  a couple videos of John Wells who lives in the desert of Brewster County South West Texas. First one showing the snow something no one would have thought you would see down there, The second video is him reciting a poem of why he likes living away from the crowds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACGHfDNEJQ4

Next  poem video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwDoLYrMRIw

Phill Williams wrote:

if it snows that stretch down south wont ever stand the strain. just a line from one of my all time fav songs

guess you could  but it was a crew from Alabama  who repaired our line today after 5 days in the dark     

mojo01 wrote:
Phill Williams wrote:

guess you could  but it was a crew from Alabama  who repaired our line today after 5 days in the dark

I'm glad you got your power back.

Unintentional randomly scheduled camping at home is no fun at all.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude